Banking and Account Management Manager
Sobre a vaga
We are looking for a self-motivated, efficient and flexible Banking & Account Management (“BAM”) Manager to join our Northern Hemisphere IT and Operations team in Lisbon.
We offer a dynamic, challenging, international working environment and provide development and growth opportunities to support you in your career with us.
If you are authorised to work in Europe, we look forward to hearing from you.
What does the Operations area do?
The Operations area provide service excellence in operations focusing on client needs by ensuring best practices of execution on services related to Cash/Management, FX Settlements, Wire Transfers, Payments, Swifts, and control of credit operational business, as well as Account Maintenance documentation (static data). We look for efficiency gains and automation opportunities keeping in mind relevant policies, procedures and regulations and act as Risk Managers on the day-to-day. We also monitor the Bank´s transactions, in a responsible and compliant manner and search for better executions whilst utilising available tools and applying Quality concepts. Finally, we interact transparently with the Banking supervisory authorities, audit bodies and with the other functional areas of the Bank whilst delivering in line with the Service Level Agreement in place and to the customers’ satisfaction.
What would be your main responsibilities?
In this role you will be responsible for the area management and supervision of BAM team members. You will also monitor indicators, coordinate resolution of issues and occurrences, engage and manage projects, improvements and initiatives and ensure the area’s functionality and processing of deliverables. You will also liaise with the Banking supervisory authorities, audit teams and other functional areas when necessary, following the Executive Committee’s guidelines.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities of the Banking and Account Management area in order to ensure smooth functioning of activities, acting on Credit, Treasury, FXs, Wires Transfers, Payments and Account maintenance executions;
- Monitoring and reinforcing the full implementation of the Department Mandate;
- Providing reports and information to other internal areas;
- Managing the available resources and continuously monitoring the evolution of business, in order to evaluate and adjust the resources allocated to each activity;
- Monitoring the processes, evaluating its risks and developing improvement plans in order to ensure full compliance with the standards and procedures and risk mitigation;
- Generating and controlling Quality indicators;
- Coordinating processes and their steps with other areas;
- Keeping the area´s administrative tasks updated such as system accesses, vacation plans, team coverage and other tasks;
- Participating and contributing to the team’s annual performance review and associated activities;
- Coordinating the functional analysis for the development and implementation of operational support systems;
- Managing validation tests regarding software upgrades and new products implementation;
- Monitoring Audit and Compliance requests;
- Supervising and ensuring the quality of the customer service;
- Working closely with other departments and other units to ensure SLA deliverables;
- Developing and implementing action plans to resolve issues, OROs and Audit Points;
- Maintaining the area´s agenda and calendar of deliverables by ensuring they are accomplished;
- Complying with BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations and the Bank's BSA/AML policies and procedures and guaranteeing the regulatory testing needs imposed on the Bank.
What skills / experience do we need from you?
We are looking for candidates with the following educational background, knowledge and experience:
- Relevant degree qualification with strong academics in economics/finance;
- Minimum of 7 years of proven work experience in this area;
- Financial products knowledge.
- Previous experience as a liaison between Operations and IT is a plus; and
- Knowledge of banking rules and regulatory requirements.
Tools & Applications:
- SWIFT, Fedwire, Payments experience, Clearing ;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: MS Excel, Power Point, Access and Word.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of BSA/AML, Banking Regulations and Operations.
Who are we looking for people who have / are:
- The ability to work independently;
- Proactive, self-driven personality and can help to enhance the system and workflow;
- Able to perform in a high-paced environment within tight time frames;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese is required. Spanish is desirable.
Only applications through LinkedIn will be considered, please do not send to us by email.
Please note: Due to the high volumes of applications that we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we would like to invite to interview for this position. We cannot provide feedback to applicants who are unnsuccessful in gaining an interview.
We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection laws In Europe. As such, before you send your CV, please click on the link below which will take to our website and click on the relevant privacy notice which explains what personal data we will collect and how we will use it. Please take the time to read and understand all of the information it contains.