Overview: MAZE Investments is a small-cap focused hedge fund based in Los Angeles. We employ a bottoms-up, fundamental research process on under-valued and under-the-radar securities. We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team in Los Angeles as an Investment Analyst. Primary responsibilities will include constructing financial models, conducting due diligence, generating actionable investment ideas, and supporting senior investment team members in various aspects of the fundamental research process. We operate as a small and nimble team where flexibility to perform multiple roles is necessary. Secondary responsibilities may include operations and trade support, preparing investment presentations, and other supporting functions for portfolio and risk monitoring. The position is for a full-time role in our Los Angeles office.
Desired Skills and Experience: A passion for investing is a must. One to two years of prior buyside experience is valued but not required. Ideal candidates must demonstrate excellent quantitative and analytical skills, have great attention for detail, and display a willingness to work in a small entrepreneurial environment. We are looking for a highly motivated, independent thinker, with a positive can-do attitude. A keen sense of self awareness and ability to take constructive criticism are a must.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive fundamental research on companies, industries, products, and markets using both traditional resources (sell-side research) and non-traditional resources (web scraping, cold calling, etc.).
- Constructing financial models and understanding key trigger points in various business models.
- Synthesizing large amounts of data and research into concise conclusions.
- Conducting due diligence calls and meetings (when COVID appropriate) with company management teams.
- Writing investments memos and reports.
- Providing operational and trade support as well as portfolio monitoring and risk assessment.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution. Minimum two years of work experience. Strong quantitative and communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Capital IQ is a significant plus. An ethical, proactive, and resourceful person who enjoys a small team culture, has a strong work ethic, and is willing to work independently and on nights/weekends when required.
To Apply: Please send a brief introductory email and resume to MAZErecruiting@gmail.com. Candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted directly to arrange an introductory interview. No phone calls please.
Local Candidates Only