Portfolio Manager will work with firm to develop and launch proprietary models for advisors. In addition to running firm portfolios, Portfolio Manager will share expertise with firm’s advisors who currently choose to operate with the “rep as portfolio manager” approach rather than leverage subadvisors or proprietary firm portfolios. It is important that the Portfolio Manager be both analytical and personable. It is critical that the Portfolio Manager be able to earn the respect of our advisors by sharing their knowledge while learning what makes each advisor’s individual business and clientele unique.
First Heartland is a growing, independently owned financial services firm located in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri. We operate a registered investment advisory firm, a broker dealer, and an insurance distribution company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage new proprietary model portfolios utilizing the firm’s block trading platform(s)
- Serve as an expert to the field for advisors using proprietary portfolios and for those advisors acting as “Rep as portfolio manager”
- Perform portfolio analysis, design, and construction.
- Become proficient in the applications and technology used in the portfolio management and client service operations processes. This will include block trading accounts on the Pershing platform and potentially a second custodian.
- Act as the primary Portfolio Management team liaison with all Operations teams
- Respond to ad hoc advisor requests, and manage advisor phone calls in the course of providing the highest degree of service
- Keep up with the current market environment and general performance of the firm’s model portfolios
- Identify ways to consistently improve investment operations with the primary goals of enhancing the client experience and increasing the firm’s efficiency.
- Create insightful and timely thought leadership pieces such as papers, releases and other media for specific strategies.
- Ability and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills; professional demeanor
- Min 3-6 years of experience in finance-related role, preferably related to investment management
- Must have excellent communication skills and work well with advisors
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively address questions from our advisors and clients
- Ability to learn the firm's block trading platform(s)
- CFA or Level 3 candidate
- Interest in financial markets and investing
Compensation package depends on experience and ability to perform all the above tasks.
- Group Health Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Dental Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Group Life Insurance (Employer paid for employee)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays