Private Wealth Advisor
WHO WE ARE
Westwood Management Corp. is a focused investment management boutique offering high-conviction equity and outcome-oriented solutions. Our investment services can address a wide range of investment objectives and challenges for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and private clients. Westwood has two distinct investment capabilities in U.S. Value Equity and Multi-Asset. Based in Dallas, Westwood also maintains an office in Houston. We are focused on transparency, ethical conduct, giving back to the communities in which we operate and creating an environment where our employees can flourish as they serve our clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for ensuring accounts are properly administered and act as a primary resource for other members of the team. This position plays a key role in growing and retaining assets under management in the Houston office, helping with the transition of client relationships, and representing Westwood Trust in the community through memberships in professional associations and maintaining and strengthening the relationships with high net worth clients to obtain key referral sources.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Produce new business to achieve annual growth objectives
- Meet and exceed the established performance expectations and standards for success
- Manage the sales process for complex, high potential transactions to develop new business
- Cultivate the relationship with TD Ameritrade Advisor Direct program and any other custodial partnerships that are put into place over time
Client Relations and Account Leadership
- Cultivate client relationships to create high client retention rates by providing each client with valuable service offerings, competitive investment processes and performance and by fulfilling the role of trusted advisor
- Identify opportunities within the community; leads informational and educational seminars designed to build awareness of targeted groups about Westwood’s services; attend company sponsored charity events
- Conduct complex financial presentations to current, new and prospective clients highlighting Westwood’s investment strategy, account performance and new products
- Perform ongoing account reviews of asset allocation models, request re-balancing to targets and review of required account documentation
- Competently facilitate financial planning discussions and deliver goals-based planning output to clients
- Ensure competency with CRM system and properly maintain all records
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or similar field; post graduate degree preferred
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
- 10+ years or more of experience in financial & publicly traded markets including demonstrated sales success. Significant experience working within a trust department preferred.
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- Track record of success in generating leads, prospecting for opportunities, networking for introductions and ultimately close a significant amount of new business
- Able to articulate a thorough understanding of target market for investment management services
- An expert communicator with superior presentation, time management and organization skills
- A strong community presence with an established network of personal and business contacts
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive Salary, benefits and 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation.
- Parental leave & PTO policy.
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
This position requires travel. Most travel is within the local area and may be outside of normal work hours.
Interested applicants may apply at www.westwoodgroup.com/careers