SENIOR CREDIT RISK ANALYST
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for assessing and monitoring counterparty credit quality, approving counterparty limits, monitoring and managing counterparty exposures. Provides oversight of Credit Risk Management, leads process improvement initiatives to support Stifel’s Credit Risk Management function and prepares reports for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Credit Risk Management (CRM) to maintain and ensure compliance with its CRM Policy.
- Assist with the continued development of the counterparty Credit Risk Management program, to meet business and regulatory requirements including enhanced CRM reporting.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry counterparty credit risk management leading practices and regulatory guidelines (e.g. SR 11-10 Interagency Supervisory Guidance on Counterparty Credit Risk Management).
- Analyze counterparty credit and industry fundamentals to determine financial strength and stability. Develop written credit reviews to support credit risk rating and limit determinations based upon counterparty, industry and fundamental credit analysis along with transaction analysis in conformance with the CRM policy.
- Assess potential exposure associated with transactions and/or limits and respond to time sensitive account opening and trade requests.
- Understanding and working knowledge of capital markets products, including drivers of mark-to-market and potential future exposure.
- Perform regular reporting, monitoring and analysis of global counterparty exposure metrics and assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports for various levels of management.
- Strong credit analysis and analytical skills.
- Prior capital markets credit experience and capital market product knowledge a plus.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, while collaborating effectively within CRM team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work across the organization (front office business personnel, new accounts team, operations, compliance and management.)
- Problem solving skills.
- Sound writing and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum Required: 5+ years of experience in banking or finance, or capital markets.