Investments Quantitative Analyst
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role is responsible for performing quantitative analysis and research within the Risk and Return group of Allstate Investments. Areas of primary focus include quantitative research, bottom up security selection and top down model building, asset allocation, factor investing and econometric modeling. The role will assist with research, development of systematic investment strategies and portfolio optimization.
- Assist senior quantitative analysts with development and back testing of quantitatively oriented investment strategies
- Research, construct and track performance of alternative risk premia based portfolios
- Assist with systematic fixed income, equity and quantitative research
- Build, maintain and enhance optimization models
- Mentor junior analysts as needed
- 5+ year experience with quantitative investment research or a PhD in Econometrics or Advanced Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative or Engineering/Science fields
- Desired credentials include experience in statistical analysis and modeling, especially modeling of timeseries data and back testing of investment strategies
Solid understanding of financial markets, statistics and econometric analysis
Good understanding of factor investing, asset valuation and portfolio construction
Strong computer skills and programming experience in Python or Matlab, SQL
Graduate in STEM Category.
Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Strong oral and written communication skills
CFA or progress towards CFA a plus
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Insurance Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Investment Bank Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors