Equity Research Director/VP - Payments, Processors & IT Services (Evercore ISI)
Group Description: Evercore ISI offers a high-quality, collegial, and collaborative environment where exceptional contributors can look forward to rapid career advancement. Every year from 2018 through 2020, our Payments, Processors, & IT Services equity research team achieved a Top 3 - 5 ranking in the Institutional Investor All America Research Poll.
What is the position? Evercore ISI seeks to hire a VP / Director Level Research Professional for its Payments, Processors & IT Services equity research team located in New York, NY.
Primary Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience covering the Payments, Processors, & IT Services sector or a related industry and process superior writing skills, excellent excel skills, and strong knowledge of finance and accounting. This job entails significant writing responsibilities. Candidate should be proactive, high energy, and able to work effectively within a highly productive team. Potential opportunity to mentor and manage research associates on the team and pick up coverage of SMID cap stocks over time.
Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Idea generation
- Executing proprietary research projects
- Developing and updating financial models efficiently
- Performing financial and valuation analysis of covered companies
- Assisting with client requests & inquiries
- Participating in company management calls and conferences
- Tracking relevant news articles relaying important messages to team
- Closely following industry and economic dataSpecific Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Equity research experience
- Background in finance and accounting
- Strong modeling / excel capabilities
- Superior writing skills
- Interest in stocks
- Initiative, drive and motivation to learn
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals and objectives
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders - including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.