Portfolio Manager - Real Estate Private Equity
- Based in Singapore or Shanghai
- 5+ years of real estate investment, portfolio or asset management experience
- Covering a number of portfolio companies across APAC, monitoring and enhancing their performance
A real estate investment manager with investment in a number of operating platforms and real estate funds across Asia Pacific seeks a Portfolio Manager to join the team. You will assist the Senior Director in managing the Asia Pacific portfolio to maximise returns/value and to ensure compliance with various investment agreements in accordance with the business practices of the group.
Main duties include the following
- Oversee a designated portfolio of development and operating assets in the Asia Pacific region
- Implement and monitor strategies and business plans to ensure each asset's approved budget is adhered throughout the investment life-cycle and value is maximised
- Analyse, recommend and implement the adoption of the annual operating and capital budgets and business plans
- Prepare analyses and documents for approval by the appropriate internal committees
- Oversee and liaise with external partners to understand and stay current on asset level activities at all times, through regular meetings and communication
- Analyse, report and present regular financial and asset operational information and compare against KPIs, approved business plans and budgets
- Monitor market data and trends where managed assets are located
- Ensure monitoring and risk management measures are in place for assets under management
- Analyse and review asset disposition opportunities in line with the strategic plans for the business unit and the Company
- Maintain and update cash flow projections for each property on a regular basis and assist in preparation of portfolio management reports as well as regular and ad hoc reporting
- Work closely with Finance team to monitor operating performance against budget, and execute capital management and disbursements requirements
- Contribute to the fair market valuation process for designated assets
- Support investment team on new acquisitions and dispositions
- Ability to work with functional teams within the company - Investments, Finance, Legal in APAC and globally
- Adept at learning new investment management systems and using BI analytic tools
- Visit designated assets on a regular basis and gain an understanding of the markets where assets are located
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or real estate. Master's degree in a relevant discipline an asset
- Professional title (CFA, CPA or C.App.), MBA an asset
- More than seven years of relevant experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and another Asian language is highly preferred
- Team-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, driven and committed to continuous quality improvement
- Strong analytical, information processing and communication skills
- Available to travel on a regular and frequent basis.
To apply for the position, please send your CV to Alice@redpathpartners.com.