Research Analyst - Global Equities (Retail, Consumer Discretionary)
The Research Analyst will assist Sr. Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers in conducting in-depth research for listed companies globally, principally within the Global Consumer industry (focus on Retail). This will include constructing and maintaining financial models, as well as examining financial, economic and industry trends in the U.S. and overseas. The Research Analyst will be assigned at least one Causeway senior investment professional as a mentor to enhance learning about stocks and markets. The tenure of the role will be 2 – 4 years.
Skills and Abilities:
- 2 - 4 years’ post-undergrad experience in:
- Investment banking / sell-side equity research covering consumer sector;
- Business or strategy development with a retail or consumer discretionary company; or
- Business consulting experience focusing on consumer discretionary.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for identifying upcoming and current consumer trends.
- Personally passionate about cutting-edge trends, including fashion, restaurants, and travel.
- Undergraduate university degree with excellent academic credentials. CFA or progress toward CFA is desirable.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies.
- Solid analytical, accounting and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity.
- A strong interest in equity investing and a respect for disciplined, value-oriented investment strategies is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork balanced with the ability to direct independent work.
To apply, please visit us at https://www.causewaycap.com/about-causeway/careers/
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.