Director, Sustainability Advocacy and Disclosures
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $197.6 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada. We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader
As the focus on sustainability continues to advance, the Sustainable Investing team requires a leader focused on developing and enabling sustainability-related internal policies, aligning, and executing on advocacy or stewardship priorities and ensuring investment and company disclosures and reporting meet the evolving global regulations and standards.
This is a critical role that will ensure Mackenzie is current on the disclosure standards and requirements while advocating for Mackenzie’s sustainability priorities externally.
Sustainability-related standards and disclosures
- Translate the impact of the evolving global sustainability-related standards to Mackenzie, its mutual funds and ETFs as well as the impact to its underlying investees or holdings
- Strategically plan and support the implementation of sustainability-related disclosure and reporting to enhance transparency, Mackenzie-wide and fund level disclosures
- Partner with Investment Management, Legal & Compliance, Product, Funds Operations and Marketing to ensure Mackenzie’s relevant policies and practices adhere to standards
- Represent Mackenzie at industry related forums and events to share and learn best practices
Stewardship priorities and external engagements
- Provide perspective and lead the prioritization of advocacy themes where Mackenzie can make the greatest impact across investment holdings
- Support the development and implementation of company engagements on sustainability topics with investment teams
- Share best practices, reporting and opportunities to maximize outcomes of stewardship practices
- Participate in collaborative industry engagement activities
Knowledge share, education, reporting
- Lead required knowledge sharing and education session, internally and externally, to ensure stakeholders are aware of risks and opportunities of sustainable policies and standards
- Report on impact of advocacy efforts, both with policymakers, industry peers and across investees
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in related field. CFA, CPA, or MBA considered an asset
- Bring at least 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong investment knowledge of sustainable investing space, capital markets and asset management
- Strong influencing, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) factors
- Comfortable working in autonomy with a builder mindset
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven organizational skills
- Effectively work cross-functionally
Internal Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by June 18th, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 21-1308