Senior Investment Analyst
Job Description Summary
Produce quantitative and qualitative analysis for the investment managers overseen by Transamerica Asset Management (TAM), which has approximately $88+ billion in assets under management and includes Transamerica Funds, Transamerica Series Trust (TST), Transamerica ETF Trust, and other funds as assigned. Provide investment analysis and leadership to AEGON business units and Fund Boards, as well as conduct investment analysis for new business opportunities.
- Lead investment projects (e.g. 15c contract renewal) and ensure investment team participation as assigned
- Lead Investment Management (IM) committees as assigned
- Lead investment presentations to investment team, senior investment management, internal committees, and as needed, Board of Trustees, client groups (e.g. consultants, home office representatives), and distribution
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis relevant to the Investment Management department’s manager oversight responsibility, including: 1) Produce timely and accurate analytical reports, on an as-needed basis; 2) Conduct new manager searches and screening, including recommendations; 3) Monitor existing investment strategies and manager performance as assigned; 4) Provide investment insight and feedback regarding potential new products.
- Produce investment reports as needed for senior management and business units.
- Along with SVP and Senior Director, Investments and other members of the investment team, represent the investment management department at Board meetings as needed. Ask questions of sub-advisors to assist in the Board's review of investment managers.
- Enhance fund monitoring and provide leadership within the investment management function.
- As needed, participate and contribute to committees within Transamerica Asset Management (TAM), including the Administrative Valuation Committee, which has the responsibility to determine the net asset value for the funds, the Trade Oversight Committee, the Model Review Committee, the Investment Committee, the Product Development Committee, the Investment Risk Committee and other committees as assigned.
- Participate and contribute to miscellaneous investment projects as assigned, working with members of the fund accounting, operations, compliance and legal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in investment/finance-related field (economics, finance, accounting, etc.)
- Five years of investment analyst or related experience focused on investment manager research
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation
- In-depth knowledge of securities and mutual fund industry
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in a variety of business-related formats
- Effective interpersonal communications skills
- Highly ethical and professional demeanor
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA or related Master’s degree
- Familiarity with investment analytics tools, including Morningstar, FactSet, and eVestment
- Familiarity with quantitative computing tools, including R, Python
- Office environment
- Moderate travel to visit new and current investment managers at various locations
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The annual salary for this position generally ranges between $130K- $160K. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 10%.