AVP Analyst - Public Project & Infrastructure Finance
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
The AVP Analyst role will be responsible for a portfolio of Latin American based companies and projects rated by Moody‘s. The role will involve initial and on-going analysis of the credit profile of projects and corporates in the infrastructure and power/utilities spaces, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of the operating environment and sectors. It is expected the individual hired will have the capability to manage client relationships at a very senior level and be able to write comprehensive and insightful research on individual companies/projects and industry sectors. The role requires frequent interaction with investors, intermediaries and issuers, and managing assigned relationships. An ability to confidently interact with outside parties is therefore a prerequisite for this role.
- Conduct quantitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data, as well as intensive analysis of bond indentures, liquidity agreements, official statements and other legal documents.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies.
- Actively monitor portfolio and make recommendations for rating transitions in a timely fashion.
- Formulate a cogent rating rationale and present this rationale in a persuasive fashion at rating committee while leading the committee discussion.
- Demonstrate rating judgment as evidenced by the ability to distinguish among different entities at different ratings levels
Produce timely and relevant research on specific issuers, general credit trends, or sector related issues that is in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused.
- Build and maintain high profile relationships with investors and issuers, interacting frequently based upon industry and topical research written.
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary marketing and visibility initiatives (e.g. conference participation).
- Lead issuer meetings, including presenting key rating factors effectively and asking probing questions that result in substantive dialog about key rating issues
- Interacting with senior company executives, investors, intermediaries and press/media.
- Present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Coach and develop Junior analysts and support associates.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to an MBA/CFA
- Five (5) years+ credit/risk assessment experience gained from a financial institution, asset management, or proven equivalent
- Well-developed analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within deadlines.
- Has a proactive/”can do” approach to work, with a track record of demonstrating initiative and strong teamwork.
- Exercises sound judgement: capable of developing an independent opinion and defending own views
- Bi-lingual in English-Spanish is essential. Command of a third language – Portuguese– would be advantageous
- Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.