Developer, Capital Market Operations
Join AIMCo’s Capital Market Operations team at a pivotal moment in our organization’s evolution. You have the opportunity to streamline, improve, and change processes within Capital Market Operations with impact across the whole organization.
You will engage and collaborate with diverse groups across AIMCo to conduct research, identify areas for process improvements and implement solutions. You will build relationships with key stakeholders and work with them to eliminate pain points using your technical expertise. This role will be playing an important role in AIMCo’s joint venture with artificial intelligence (AI) partners, to leverage AI across AIMCo.
- Recommend standard frameworks to analyze and address various business challenges
- Develop and recommend business solutions and when necessary, participate in the execution of the recommendations to assist with meeting the AIMCo strategic goals
- Build business intelligence reports and analytics for various areas and projects
- Prepare and present results and transfer knowledge gained from projects with team members and with peers in other AIMCo groups
- Identify and recommend areas of weakness and opportunities for enhancement and recommend implementation strategies
- Collaborate with external and internal partners on executing the organization's strategic plans of adapting artificial intelligence, machine learning, and automation in daily processes from front office to back office
- Facilitate access to AIMCo environment and data for external vendors working on AI and ML initiatives through coordinating with BT, Procurement, and internal parties while maintaining all the required data sharing restrictions
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related fields such as Business, and Finance with minor in Computer Science
- Theoretical knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning and evaluation methods for ML/AI based solutions
- Prior experience with ML frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, and TensorFlow
- Understanding of system architecture, database architecture, and UX design
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of algorithms
- Experience with business intelligence reporting and analytics
- Completion of, or working towards the completion of, a professional designation (CA/CPA, CFA, FRM) is desirable
- Experience with or enrollment in Lean Six Sigma would be an asset
- PMP designation, project management experience or project coordination experience will be an asset
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others
To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable working independently and making decisions regarding design, architecture, implementation, and deployment of your solutions. You need to collaborate with various groups at AIMCo to define the problems and gather requirements. You need to work closely with Business Technology team on technical requirements and infrastructure for your projects.
After one year in this position, you will drive increased efficiency throughout the operations departments by leveraging technology and process changes. You will play a key role in ensuring the AlphaLayer joint venture is a success by providing both AIMCo domain expertise as well as technical and programing knowledge.
Benefits and Rewards
- Exciting special project work and stretch assignments
- Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs
- Health care spending account and onsite fitness facilities
AIMCo is one of Canada’s largest and most diversified investment managers, with over $118 billion of assets under management for 32 clients, a diverse group of Alberta public sector pension plans, endowment funds, and government accounts representing all Albertans.
We are guided by the core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration.
AIMCo is mindful and responsive to actively evaluating, assessing and optimizing risk to achieve superior performance for Albertans. We believe that every employee is empowered and accountable for managing risk.
We are excited to meet you. Please submit your resume or CV to be considered for this opportunity. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, we will be in touch with any questions.
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.