In collaboration with the broader Managed Assets Research team, the Investment Analyst will be responsible for due diligence and monitoring of third-party asset managers, mutual funds, and ETF’s across multiple asset classes, investment styles and structures. Successful candidates will be able to effectively contribute to a highly productive cross-functional team, while also having the ability to work independently and represent D.A. Davidson & Co to both external and internal clients with the highest level of integrity.
- 5+ years of proven experience in mutual fund and/or separate account manager research, preferably in an environment of working with financial advisors.
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFA, CAIA or comparable professional designation preferred.
- Series 7 & 65/66 or willingness to obtain immediately required. Clean U-4 and CRD is a must.
- Must have strong quantitative and qualitative aptitudes with superior writing, speaking and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of portfolio construction- including investment techniques, asset allocation and economic / capital markets theory.
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work well independently, and as part of a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research content and advice.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and service oriented manner. Use applicable, professional language and grammar to effectively exchange ideas and information.
- Ability to proactively work with both external partners and internal colleagues. Relate with others in a professional manner in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist in a strategic program of evaluation, selection and monitoring of pooled investment vehicles spanning separately managed accounts (SMA’s), mutual funds, and ETF structures.
- Analysis of capital markets and investment products including presenting conclusions and recommendations with respect to manager selection and asset allocation, as well as quarterly review processes.
- Ensuring uniformity and integrity of investment due diligence and manager selection process across strategies.
- Support appropriate marketing and sales initiatives with respect to the investment research functions, periodically preparing research reports and delivering presentations.
- Serve as a key investment content expert and technical resource supporting the firm’s Financial Advisors.
- Travel will be expected and necessary at times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive engagement that make our companies and each of us better. Just as we work to improve our clients’ financial well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.