Manager, Product Management
7 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Manager, Product Management
DEPARTMENT: Guardian Marketing, Guardian Capital LP (“GCLP”)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Corporate Initiatives
LOCATION: Commerce Court West, 199 Bay Street, Toronto
Guardian Capital Group Limited (“Guardian”) is a diverse financial services company with expertise in asset management and wealth management. Managing approximately $50 billion in assets under management and administration, Guardian is headquartered in Toronto with a global strategic mindset as it has offices in Canada, Caribbean, UK and US and a growing number of clients coming from across the globe. Our asset management division, GCLP, provides investment management strategies spanning across a broad range of asset classes, geographic regions and specialty mandates. From Canadian equity to fixed income, quantitative, Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven strategies to concentrated alpha-targeted strategies, we are one of the largest independent, non-bank or non-insurance, asset management firms headquartered in Canada that has shown organic growth by investing in innovative investment ideas and strategies. Through a combination of strong market, technical and interpersonal skills, the Manager, Product Management will be instrumental in the successful growth of a number of Guardian investment strategies.
- Using strong project and business management skills to take a lead role and ensure effective coordination among sales, the investment teams, marketing, and other stakeholders in product management activities;
- Monitoring the business performance of the product line; and
- Identifying and evaluating potential product development, rationalization or sales opportunities.
- Evaluating relevant industry trends, the competitive environment, client needs, investment capabilities, and business requirements to enhance and develop product strategies; and
- Collaborating with the business leaders, sales, and other departments on behalf of Marketing to define and execute the product marketing strategy while ensuring alignment with central corporate objectives.
- Supporting the product and overall business strategy by serving as a product subject expert, including technical product knowledge and product profitability, product placement at partner platforms and key market segments, as well as product competitive environment.
Data & Content:
- Owning and being the go-to expert for investment product content;
- Creating and executing effective processes to support product sales and marketing activities;
- Developing reporting, including regular competitive analysis and reports to support product positioning and ongoing product line monitoring; and
- Overseeing and ensuring that all institutional and retail databases with product information are accurate.
- Creating, building and maintaining a unique set of marketing collateral, presentations, commentaries and other content to support current clients and sales growth in various Guardian distribution channels and geographies;
- Taking accountability for the accuracy of technical information for business engagement documents such as RFPs; and
- Collaborating with the Marketing Communications department on marketing campaigns for various distribution channels.
- Business university degree
- CFA or CIM designation preferred
- Minimum 5 years of similar working experience, with a preference for quantitative processes
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, including an ability to anticipate potential problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of tools such as eVestment, Morningstar and Eikon
- Ability to interpret financial and regulatory components of product development and management, including the creation of registration materials, offering documents and governance materials
- Ability to work independently but also develop relationships with other leaders who are stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guardian Capital is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Guardian Capital will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.