Product Development Senior Associate, Portfolio Management
Based in the Sydney office, the Product Development Senior Associate is part of a specialist team reporting into the Portfolio Management department. The key focus of the role is to directly manage Portfolio Management and firmwide projects for the Asia-Pacific region. These enterprise wide projects play a pivotal role in supporting business growth.
Additionally, the incumbent will manage product development initiatives, provide problem solving support and develop multifaceted recommendations underpinned by robust evidence-based analysis.
It is important for the Product Development Senior Associate to partner with senior stakeholders from a variety of departments both locally and globally. These departments include but are not limited to Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Legal, Sales, Investment Operations and Marketing. You will act as a key liaison to encourage cross-functional collaboration.
- Leading product and account launches, closures, transitions, and changes
- Designing, documenting and communicating complex end-to-end investment processes
- Supporting ad-hoc product / business analysis / operating model review requests
- Identifying and overseeing implementation of process improvement opportunities in line with department goals and providing relevant communication and training
- Assisting on/coordinating ongoing product management/development initiatives
- Providing status updates on product activity and projects to key stakeholders
- Cultivating strong working relationships across a variety of functional areas and managing through influence
- Proactively identifying barriers to project success and resolving or escalating
- Developing expertise related to investment management
Skills & Qualifications
The candidate should be familiar with the activities of an asset management firm or similar financial institutions and should have experience working with various project management tools and techniques.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified, with an undergraduate (or higher) in an analytical major such as Engineering, Finance, Commerce or Economics
- 4 - 5+ years of consulting, product management, or project management experience (preferably with exposure to investments)
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build productive cross-functional relationships
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving skills