Health Care & Biotechnology Fund Manager
5 days left
Directly reporting to Candriam’s Global CIO, Vincent Hamelink, the Thematic Global Equity team (12 analysts and fund managers) is headed by Rudi Van Den Eynde.
The team manages more than USD 7.5 bn , and covers a wide range of thematic products including Healthcare / Biotechnology/ Climate action / Circular Economy.
Three health care related funds:
- Oncology Impact,
- Candriam Life Care,
exceed USD 4.2 bn of assets under management.
The Fund Manager will join a team of 4 (2 fund managers and 2 analysts) and will be charge of the co-management of the 3 Health care / Biotech funds.
As a Fund Manager, your responsibilities will be the following :
- analyze health care and biotechnology companies and assessing their pipelines and judging their clinical data, This implies interactions with KOL’s from the medical field, sell side analysts and company managements,
- Use our well vetted valuation methodology to establish fair value price targets,
- Assemble the information, keep the overview and come to clear investment decisions and a the construction of a balanced portfolio,
- Monitor globally and in coordination with the other fund managers, the risk of the funds,
- Provide input for the presentation material of the funds,
- Face clients and prospects to present the strategy.
Required Skills & Competencies
- A scientific/biomedical degree,
- The ideal candidate will also hold a finance degree (MBA or CFA),
- A strong interest both in life sciences / investing , is a prerequisite,
- All relevant experience but especially prior investment experience obviously a strong plus (private equity, listed stocks),
- Investigational/analytical mindset,
- Curious, passionate about science,
- Clear interest in finance,
- Team spirit, co-operative,
- Good presentation skills is a strong plus
- Good IT skills.