Associate Analyst, High Yield
5 days left
At Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, we are building a world class research team. Research intensity is our foundational principal. We do independent, forward-looking research, in order to deliver repeatable risk-risk adjusted returns for our clients. We aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance driven.
As an associate analyst, you will contribute to our in-depth credit research process by performing both industry and company-level analysis and integrating conclusions into an actionable thesis. You will perform a wide range of independent research projects, collaborating with a broad range of analysts and portfolio managers within the high yield sector and other asset classes. To be most successful in this role, you will be detail oriented and an independent thinker, be intellectually curious, flexible and operate with a sense of urgency.
• Perform in-depth research on industry and company fundamentals across a broad range of sectors within the high yield asset class, integrating relative value analysis to identify strong risk-adjusted return opportunities and effectively communicating actionable recommendations to other analysts and portfolio managers.
• Facilitate with the modeling and financial analysis of U.S. high yield companies.
• Actively participate in independent research projects that support the high yield research process, seeking out ways to collaborate with colleagues across fixed income, equity, data science and responsible investments.
• Assist in enriching the team’s research infrastructure and analytical process.
• Provide research and analytical support to high yield analysts as they identify investment opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Previous relevant work experience in securities analysis or related field; 0-3 years of investment research experience.
• Communication and relationship skills to appropriately influence and share ideas with senior analysts, portfolio managers and colleagues across the team and other asset classes.
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform company, industry, and economic analysis.
• A passion for investing that drives an excitement to learn about markets, bring new ideas and high energy to the research team.
About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.