Fixed Income Structured Investment Analyst
2 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Fixed Income Structured Investment Analyst will participate in the process of sourcing, evaluating and modeling financial assets for the firm’s fixed income strategies, to include but not limited to, ABS, CMBS, and CLOs. The position will provide credit and trading research, assist in the advancement of potential investment opportunities and help deliver strong risk-adjusted returns to our clients. This position will support and participate in the success of our investment team with 75% of time being spent at home office located in Omaha, NE.
- Analyzes potential investment opportunities by performing industry and/or asset class research, understanding the contents of an offering memorandum, evaluating an issuer’s capital structure and financial position, analyzing comparable investment opportunities, and assessing and interacting with company management and exploring other unique features of an opportunity.
- Continually monitors portfolio credits to evaluate ongoing credit quality and potential ratings migration, positive or negative, based on expected future credit performance. Maintains a solid working knowledge of specific credits followed and exhibits a willingness to share and receive insights and information on other credits managed within the portfolio.
- Demonstrates an ability to understand the strengths and potential pitfalls of an investment idea and structure and actively participates in group discussions to generate value-added ideas.
- Gains expertise in several industries and/or asset classes and develops an effective medium by which this information is shared with the investment team.
- Builds internal and external relationships with colleagues, sell-side traders and bankers, rating agencies, issuers, industry experts and other sources to collect additional insights on market, industry, asset class and issuer credit developments.
- Maintains proper documentation for regulatory and compliance purposes. Satisfies documentation processes to ensure files are easily found, understood and maintained by others.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ABS, CMBS, and CLO asset classes and structures
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Index for structured securities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word and Excel
- 1-2 years of experience in investment management, finance, or banking
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with cashflow modeling and financial statement analysis
- Completion of Level I, II, or III of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride and ownership of work product, strength of conviction and desire to succeed
- Sound ethics and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills; ability to participate in and/or develop proposals based on analysis and research; desire to be collaborative and help investment team achieve portfolio and performance goals
- Ability to learn how others make judgments regarding credit, risk and valuation and apply that learning
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Ability to influence others
- Willingness to develop leadership skills
Please apply by submitting resume by e-mail at email@example.com.
About Weitz Investment Management
Founded by value investor Wally Weitz in 1983, Weitz Investment Management, Inc. is a boutique, employee-owned asset management firm headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Over the past three decades, Weitz has leveraged its research-driven approach to capitalize on opportunities that arise out of market inefficiencies. Decisions are backed by thorough research, logical strategies, extensive debate and our team’s personal commitment to long-term results. The Weitz team builds and manages concentrated, high-conviction, actively managed portfolios. Through bottom-up, proprietary research that emphasizes fundamentals, we focus on creating positive results over the long term. We offer a variety of options for investors with different goals and preferences, including equity and fixed income investment strategies.
We offer all employees competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as parental leave, paid time off, on-site gym access, and a very generous qualified profit sharing plan. Compensation includes salary and bonus and will be commensurate with experience