Trade & Asset Services Manager
Manage our trade and asset services function in a client centric, risk mitigating, scalable way across all instrument types, including but not limited to Equities, Derivatives and Alternative instruments. Set the team’s strategic objectives, aligning with both LGIM’s Global Operations and LGIMA’s strategic objectives, and ensuring team member’s objectives are also aligned
- Responsible for the successful execution of all post-trade processes on behalf of our clients, including trade matching, trade settlement, failed trade management, custodial reconciliation, cash management, and corporate action management across all instrument types. Work with regional operational teams to strive for consistency of process and approach.
- Accountable for ensuring strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated. Ensure global stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate enrolled in the management and control of key risks.
- Strive for excellence in people management, displaying an empathic leadership style, leading by example, and using this to coach and support a team expected to deliver high standards, ensuring this flows throughout the team. Focus attention and resources of driving forward results of staff survey ensuring output is managed and aligned across Operations.
- Create a sense of urgency for change, challenge assumptions and adapt, or generate, imaginative and innovative ideas for improvements to organisational planning, policies and operational systems globally. Provide leadership and planning for the future infrastructure, proposing new directions and technologies, driving analysis of said technologies to determine feasibility of adoption.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, MI generation and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication. To have a well-defined communication and engagement model in place to achieve this.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with our mission, vision, and values. Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Form strategic partnerships with business partner/service providers/vendors; leveraging network. Actively participate and represent LGIM/A at working parities/forums. Clearly articulate and share market information internally to appropriate stakeholders.
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods & best practices.
- Partner with HR to recruit the very best talent in line with the agreed framework. Plan and allocate resources, optimize the team structure, and work with global peer group to fulfil the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively
- Minimum of 7 + years in a trade and asset services function; strong asset management or investment experience
- In depth understanding of trading systems and execution strategies
- Strong business acumen
- Exceptional communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong leadership experience and skillset
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with many often conflicting demands
- Experience of managing multiple initiatives/projects within a complex professional environment and delivering demonstrable business benefits
- Extensive experience in business analysis, process improvement and change management
- Ability to influence change in a positive manner.
- Evidence of high degree of independent judgment for decision making and problem solving.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications to a variety of audiences
- Transparent and high integrity leadership with ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Drives culture of the business.
- Drives development of talent
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)