4 days left
Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital Ltd.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group provides investment management services to individuals, advisors, pension plans, institutional investors and foundations. As a multi-boutique asset management firm, Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group is uniquely focused on creating the conditions for success for its clients, partners and employees. The firm has offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, and London, UK and through its affiliated investment managers is responsible for the investment of approximately $90 billion in assets under management.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital is an affiliate of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, providing professional discretionary money management services to high-net-worth individual investors, indigenous groups, foundations and endowments. We are currently looking for a Communications Manager to join our Communications team.
What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you will deliver on a broad range of initiatives across communications that will require your investment industry understanding. This includes managing high quality investment proposals for the CC&L Private Capital sales team, and coordinating the information from subject matter experts in portfolio management and investment operations across the Financial Group. You will also support delivery of thoughtful communication on aspects of the investment process, our strategies and views of the market and economy. Time management, attention to detail and a level of creativity are required to be successful in this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to as well as learn and grow with one of Canada’s largest, independent and privately held discretionary investment counsellors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and completing Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for CC&L Private Capital prospective and existing clients; this involves working closely with subject matter experts from all business areas including compliance, investment management and operations
- Drafting new responses and recommending value added enhancements to the existing RFP responses
- Work closely with the firm’s sales, investment management and analytics teams to create impactful communications that includes presentations & charts, written pieces and sales materials.
- The audience of communications will be both external, interpreting with a client perspective, and internal
- Supporting competitor and market intelligence initiatives
- Supporting firm promotion and marketing tactics as required
- Investment Knowledge: You have an undergraduate degree and a genuine interest for the investment industry. 2-3 years of experience in an investment firm, bank or trust company will be beneficial to your success. Completion of CFA Level 1 or above is considered an asset.
- Time and Project Management Skills: Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and the ability to work flexibly, under pressure, and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Communication: You possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail – grammatical, quantitative, and formatting/branding.
- Independent and Collaborative: You have an ability to take an idea and work independently, but you also collaborate well with others to resolve complex issues.
- Positive Attitude: You are sharp, ambitious, and prepared to “roll up your sleeves”. You can demonstrate an intellectual curiosity that fosters an ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Technology: You possess proficient working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group manages approximately $90 billion on behalf of institutional and individual clients. We believe that success in asset management is an outcome of attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented individuals in our industry. This is best achieved by the delivery of:
- A High-Quality Environment – To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed – To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward – To recognize each person's contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single strategy investments to individual investors. Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $90 billion and 600+ people today and this has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward we can see both challenges and opportunities for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people in our industry.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.