Sr. Technology Analyst
4 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Generates due diligence/financial analysis, investment recommendations and positioning ideas, and communicates this information to portfolio managers. This analyst primarily supports our US multi-asset class and convertible strategies which include open and closed end funds and separately managed accounts.
- Prepares research reports including company overviews, industry and competitive analysis, valuation and other relevant information based on qualitative, quantitative, and fundamental factors for the US technology sector.
- Monitors fundamental and technical targets for current and prospective holdings on a regular basis and is responsive to changing market conditions, company events and industry news.
- Serves as the subject matter expert within the specified sector; organizes and participates in technology sector strategy reviews within the research team.
- Monitors technology sector performance and holdings relative to investment benchmarks and the firm’s macro-economic outlook.
- When appropriate, works proactively and constructively in collaboration with analysts and PMs on other teams within the firm.
- When appropriate, helps train, mentor and develop research analysts and research associates.
- Meets with internal portfolio specialists, clients, consultants, and prospects to review our investment process, portfolio construction, individual positions, performance and attribution.
- Maintains a solid understanding of Calamos products, investment models, and processes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Math or related field is required.
- CFA, MBA and/or MS in Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the technology sector, including software and services, semiconductors, and hardware.
- Convertible securities analysis experience is preferred, but not required.
- A passion for investments combined with a strong work ethic, integrity, and a commitment to individual development.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.