Investment Analyst II
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing, and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem-solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep-dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
Avantax Wealth Management, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Planning Partners and TaxAct is seeking an Investment Analyst II that will serve as an intermediate-level investment management professional who will likely have a reasonably well-developed background culled from a variety of previous roles within the financial services or investment management industry. This professional will have a good understanding and background in investment due diligence and portfolio management. The ideal candidate will have or be in the process of pursuing either the Chartered Financial Analyst designation or the Certified Investment Management Analyst designation.
This professional will play a significant role in the ongoing growth and development of Avantax’s discretionary asset management and advisory platform as a member of the Portfolio Management Group (“PMG”). Avantax’s advisory platform includes multiple investment options such as discretionary model portfolios, multiple Separate Account Managers, and retirement plan discretionary models.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Manager of the PMG, conduct due diligence on existing or prospective investment managers, ETFs, and Separately Managed Accounts (“SMAs”) in support of Avantax’s fee-based asset management platform. This includes qualitative and quantitative activities in support of the manager selection and justification recommendations. These activities may include:
- In-depth meetings with portfolio management teams across equity and fixed income strategies.
- Support best practices by a commitment to quality in written documentation of due diligence work efforts, manager interactions, portfolio change recommendations, and supporting research material.
- Understanding, communicating, and documenting the qualitative underpinnings of return/risk drivers for investment strategies.
Under the direction of the Manager of the PMG, the professional will contribute to decisions regarding investment selection and manager hiring and termination for Avantax’s discretionary asset management programs, including:
- Collaborate on all operational and implementation issues related to the model portfolios and group retirement model portfolios.
- Help to identify ideas of funds and ETFs for possible future use in the discretionary portfolios.
- Procure and analyze data from electronic subscription sources such as Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Hedge Fund Research, Fi360, etc.
- Assist the Senior Analyst with research on SMAs.
Under the direction of the Manager of the PMG, the professional will be expected to support the following team functions:
- Maintain Morningstar Direct aggregates/composites in support of Avantax’s discretionary portfolios.
- Run monthly and quarterly factsheets and performance reporting of model portfolios.
- Support the financial advisor and client experience by authoring written sales and marketing collateral with ad hoc articles and whitepapers.
- May be asked to serve as a subject matter resource to internal staff and external financial advisors through formal and informal oral/verbal and written presentations and consultative telephone communications as needed.
- Research investment characteristics and industry trends for consideration in product development and continuous improvement.
- Assist with the quarterly reporting on SMAs, as needed.
- Assist with maintenance of the allowable list of funds and ETFs.
Education & Experience
- Level II candidate in the CFA program or - has the CFP® or CIMA® designation.
- Current Series 7/ 66 strongly desired (or ability to obtain within six months of employment).
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of financial services industry experience.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Securities Exchange CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors