Associate Client Investment Officer - OCIO
The Associate Client Investment Officer will be responsible for assisting senior staff in the management of investment relationships for Global Family Office clients within the firm's Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) business. They will help develop investment objectives and guidelines for OCIO clients and will also be responsible for reporting and monitoring the results for client portfolio investment allocation decisions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists senior staff in the management of investment accounts for institutional clients to meet client objectives
- May assist in the process of evaluating and developing investment objectives and guidelines as appropriate given risk tolerance and preferences, funding and income needs, and current market environment
- Works with team to help analyze and implement overall portfolio structure utilizing knowledge of economic and financial market conditions in conjunction with the clients¿ objectives.
- Assists in developing an understanding of clients¿ business to help them develop appropriate objectives.
- Helps identify new investment ideas or opportunities
- Works with internal partners to respond to client needs/requests
- Works with Risk Management and/or Legal to help ensure compliance with all aspects of the client relationship and investment processes
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas. Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
NECCESARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of investments and financial markets are required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office) is required
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A College or University degree and/or 3+ years of experience in investments
- Related Industry qualification (e.g. CFA) or studying towards, is preferred