Proxy and Engagement Analyst
The Proxy and Engagement Analyst in Chicago is responsible for supporting and executing a variety of tasks related to stewardship activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with companies on a variety of topics with a strong focus on environmental, social and governance issues.
- Act as a primary point of contact for firms wishing to meet on upcoming proxy issues
- Support the firm’s Proxy Committee by providing regular updates on industry trends and issues, as well as making recommendations on updates to the Proxy Guidelines
- Gain an understanding of investment and shareholder issues gathered through research and contact with a variety of market participants
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce timely research and marketing materials on topics related to stewardship activities
- Identify, coordinate and participate in internal and external events, networking opportunities, and educational forums to increase stewardship awareness and advocacy.
- Provide support for the North America institutional and wealth management businesses by attending client meetings, roadshows and responding to RFPs and other capabilities inquiries.
- Review and research various proposals put forth in corporate proxy statements, such as executive compensation and governance issues, communicate key information about voting issues to Proxy Committee, and provide interpretation of voting items that are outside of the standard firm Proxy Guidelines.
- Participate in collective engagements activities for initiatives where we hold signatory or membership status
- Experience discussing complex investment and sustainability topics with clients, companies and other market participants.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment with competing demands for resource.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (MBA, PhD, CFA, CAIA) desirable but not required.
- 3-5+ years experience in corporate governance, ESG and sustainability