Sr. Portfolio Manager - Tax Advantaged Equities
The candidate will manage equity portfolios in a tax-sensitive manner against a range of domestic, international and quantitative active indexes for institutional and high net worth individuals. The candidate will participate in new business development efforts and contribute to research efforts aimed at product expansion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses portfolio optimization tools to create and rebalance portfolios based on index and model changes as well as in response to tax management opportunities. Communicates trade objectives to dedicated trading desk for execution.
- Collaborates with team members to create rebalancing strategies.
- Meets with existing clients, consultants, family offices and corporate contacts to support book of accounts
- Engages in business development efforts, including prospect meetings and industry conferences.
- Develops thought pieces and research related to current events and in support of the strategy.
- Interprets pre- and after-tax performance of portfolios under management and investigates significant deviations.
- Ensures that portfolios are maintained within firm guidelines and applicable government or industry regulations.
- Researches and reports on new products and services within the industry. Stays abreast of new developments concerning regulatory and tax issues that may affect the portfolios under management.
- Responds to client and internal partner inquiries related to current and prospect portfolios.
- Develops client transition analysis.
- Assists with special projects to improve technology, processes and efficiencies.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of modern portfolio management theory and applications, as well as statistics and quantitative methods in finance acquired through formal education.
- Knowledge of tax implications of investment decisions.
- Knowledge of securities markets acquired through work experience and formal education.
- Strong analytic, organizational and communication skills are required to successfully manage a diverse book of client portfolios.
- Team orientation and ability to engage with external groups (e.g. sales, client servicing, technology, trading desk, performance analysts, and back-office.)
- Advanced excel skills including knowledge of VBA, macros, and analyzing large amounts of data for use in portfolio management.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 8-12 years’ experience in an investment management or securities analysis environment.
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.