We’re IG Wealth Management – a Canadian leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
Our vision: We inspire financial confidence.
At IG Wealth Management we believe:
- Our success starts with the success of our clients
- In achieving excellence in all we do, and anything worth doing is worth doing extraordinarily well
- Only through teamwork can we realize our greatest potential
- We can never be satisfied with the status quo and that every day we should be focused on creating more value
- In the power of advice to change lives for the better
- It is our mission to make a difference in the world and the lives of others
If you share our vision and values, we’d like to hear from you.
Investors Group Securities Inc. (IGSI) is an IIROC investment dealer, registered throughout Canada. IGSI accommodates and administers the diverse brokerage product and service needs of clients referred by Investors Group Consultants. IGSI provides securities advisory services through the local IIROC licensed Wealth Planning Specialist Network (WPSN).
The Portfolio Strategists support the Wealth Planning Specialist Network by providing in depth analysis on IG Wealth client & prospect portfolios in excess of $500,000. The purpose of the Portfolio Strategist is to provide the WPSN with a consistent approach to analyzing and making recommendations on client and prospective portfolios. The role has a strong emphasis on the analysis and selection of publicly traded securities. The Portfolio Strategist is a centralized tool for the WPSN to obtain competitive insights, and third-party product support. Along with supporting the WPSN; the Portfolio Strategist develops tools & training for the IIROC network.
- Provide portfolio analysis and client account review services using Eikon & Morningstar Advisor Work station programs.
- Prepare detailed recommendations and presentations ensuring client suitability criteria.
- Participate in client meetings when portfolios are in excess of $3,000,000, as needed.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions as warranted for the Wealth Planning Specialist and IIROC networks.
- Perform in depth analysis on third party product, individual securities, and re-organization memos as requested by the Wealth Planning Specialists.
- Identify and develop competitive strategies and tools to increase WPSN productivity and promote greater consistency in the service offering.
- Managing work flows in order to meet the Portfolio Strategist service standards.
- Seven years in the securities industry in a role providing client portfolio analysis, recommendations, and trade advice
- Valid Securities License with Securities Commission(s) – Registered Representative/Investment Advisor category
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP or PL.Fin.) or willing to earn designation in the near future.
- University Degree, Canadian Investment Manager (CIM), Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute (FCSI) or other securities industry credentials an asset
- Strong Microsoft PC (Excel & Power Point) software skills, Thomson Reuters Eikon, and Morningstar Advisor Workstation knowledge and experience is an asset
- Good standing in Continuing Education (CE) credits
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team services ethic, and excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral in French and in English
- Ability to participate actively in regular team meetings
- Working outside of the Winnipeg Head Office requires a strong independent and interdependent approach to performing the complex duties of the position