Global Markets Editor
6 days left
Thornburg Investment Management is a privately-owned global investment firm that offers a range of multi-strategy solutions for institutions and financial advisors. A recognized leader in equity, fixed income, and alternatives investing, the firm oversees $47 billion as of March 31, 2021 across mutual funds, institutional accounts, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors. Thornburg was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
At Thornburg, we believe unconstrained investing leads to better outcomes for our clients. Our culture is collaborative, and hierarchy is intentionally flat. Our investment solutions are highly active, high conviction, and benchmark agnostic. When it comes to finding value for our clients, it’s more than what we do, it’s how we do it: how we think, how we invest, and how we’re structured.
Thornburg is a global business and we think without boundaries. The ability to work effectively across team and levels at the organization is essential for success. Excellent instincts, strong interpersonal skills, as well as being a true team player and effective consensus builder are key characteristics of those who thrive at Thornburg Investment Management.
About the Role – Global Markets Editor
Thornburg seeks an experienced writer/editor to create compelling content that helps highlight our investment expertise on markets and asset classes in support of our global efforts with institutions and financial professionals. A passion for and a broad knowledge of investing, including mutual funds, institutional accounts and trends in the asset management industry is essential.
Reporting to the Head of Content Marketing, this individual will have the editorial judgment and investment knowledge to drive the content creation process. This involves translating complex content ideas from key internal stakeholders into easy-to-understand and client-focused communications, which resonate with both the institutional and intermediary client segments. The candidate’s client-focused approach must include a “digital first” mentality, seeking to generate content for a variety of digital platforms. Being able to balance feedback from different internal teams while maintaining clear and concise messaging is crucial.
The Global Markets Editor will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the entire content creation process, from idea generation to successful distribution
- Plan and execute an editorial calendar to deliver timely and relevant content around markets, asset classes and Thornburg’s investment expertise across asset classes
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all Thornburg thought leadership content on markets, assets classes and product.
- Produce high quality written articles, blogs, and whitepapers as well as produce video and podcast content.
- Partner across Thornburg’s teams to generate content ideas, obtain investment information/data, manage the editorial calendar, and incorporate crucial feedback and edits, as necessary.
- Works both independently and with investment professionals to identify opportunities where client needs intersect with our capabilities to produce insightful, clear commentary that resonates with our clients and prospects while expressing the perspective of the portfolio manager.
- Adheres to writing guidelines and internal standards to ensure investment content meets compliance, quality, and style requirements.
Experience and Personal Characteristics
Flexibility and teamwork are essential in this rapidly expanding and highly visible marketing communications function. The successful candidate must be a skilled, strategic writer and copyeditor, with a passion for distilling information clearly and consistently. They must have the ability to develop and own a narrative, and to act as counsel to internal stakeholders, be highly regarded among peers, and possess the ability to build and sustain strong relationships at all levels of an organization.
Additional experience and attributes include:
- Exceptional professional writing, editorial and research skills with ability to write/adapt content for multiple audiences
- In-depth knowledge of financial markets, the economy, and investment topics
- Strategic and creative thinker with attention to detail
- Proven ability to conceive and develop compelling content
- Intellectual curiosity, agility, and durability with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proven project management skills; experience with collaborating with internal creative services teams; strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and people (client management) skills
- 7+ years’ experience in creating investment-related content, preferably with and asset management firm.
- Solid understanding of the investor types and distribution channels in US and around globe.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Proficient with technology, data, and tools, including Microsoft Office applications
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed "The City Different," Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it's no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in "The Land of Enchantment" attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm's broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.