Associate Wealth Advisor - Women's Practice
The Associate Wealth Advisor works in collaboration with and support of our Women’s Practice advisory team on the behalf of HoyleCohen oﬀering ﬁnancial guidance and investment strategy expertise to our clients and securing new client relationships.
OUR STORY PAIRED WITH PURPOSE
HoyleCohen exists to serve its clients. By doing so, our clients are able to thoughtfully work towards their ﬁnancial goals. We do this with passion and purpose and aspire to be: a high-performance organization that works as one; motivated, productive, supportive, accountable; continuously learning, improving, innovating; with strong leadership, clear roles/goals, metrics, accountability; and an environment that inspires…passion with purpose.
Associate Wealth Advisors are core members of our client service teams. As a new member of the team, you would likely support approximately 75 clients, have a role on the ﬁnancial planning team, research issues and solutions, and prepare and review meeting materials. You will have an opportunity to learn from seasoned Wealth Advisors and grow your technical expertise through collaboration with our specialized Investment Team. Client relations are paramount; demonstration of excellent listening skills and professionalism is key. HoyleCohen Advisory Team members are committed to continuous self-improvement and demonstration of HoyleCohen values; we display an eagerness to learn new skills and participate in special projects and tasks. We are team-oriented, proactive, self-motivated, and accountable for our results.
WHAT A GREAT DAY LOOKS LIKE
Starting the day working with the investment team to coordinate trades on behalf of assigned clients. In doing so, we’re helping clients get closer to their retirement accumulation or spending goals. Next, you might spend time working with your advisory team colleagues to help prepare for the following week’s Annual Review meetings to help clients track progress towards their desired outcomes. Lastly, you might spend time in conversation with a new/prospective client, learning more about their situation (personal, professional & ﬁnancial), to build/implement a ﬁnancial plan that will allow them to achieve their goals in a conﬁdent way.
WHO YOU ARE
• You believe in excellence through eﬀective collaboration and process
• You will do whatever it takes and go above and beyond (for clients and each other)
• You will demonstrate transparency with no hidden agenda
• You will exude a humble conﬁdence without an ego
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have CFP® certiﬁcation (Certiﬁed Financial Planner)
• 4-6 years of client-facing experience in ﬁnancial planning
• Knowledge of various investments including mutual funds, stocks, bonds, ETF’s, Index funds, and private investments
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Passion for exceptional client service, putting client needs ﬁrst and working tirelessly to ensure every interaction is a positive one
• Adherence to rules/regulations as required by the ﬁrm and regulatory agencies
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with Tamarac Xi Suite (Advisor Rebalancing, Advisor View), Salesforce CRM, and Charles Schwab
• Advanced proﬁciency with Microsoft Oﬃce Suite
• Strong knowledge of taxation and ﬁnancial planning concepts
• Ability to manage multiple clients/projects, work independently and problem solve
WHAT WE OFFER
• Core values of honesty, integrity, collaboration, transparency, and mutual respect
• A close-knit team committed to providing the highest level of service
• The opportunity to make a meaningful diﬀerence in the life of our clients
• An entrepreneurial, rapidly evolving work environment that’s collaborative and fun-loving but will also inspire and challenge you to give your best
• Medical Beneﬁts (Blue Shield of CA, HMO, HDHP, & PPO options; Kaiser Permanente HMO)
• Dental Beneﬁts (Guardian Dental , HMO & PPO options)
• Vision Beneﬁts (VSP Vision PPO)
• Life Insurance & AD&D (100% company paid through UNUM)
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (100% company paid through UNUM)
• Flexible Spending Accounts & Other Voluntary Additional Beneﬁts
• 401k Plan (traditional or Roth) with discretionary company match
• Generous Paid Time Oﬀ (including 12 holidays, sick, vacation, and volunteer time)
• Incentivized Professional Development (particularly designations/certiﬁcations)
• Remote Oﬃce Perks: monthly coﬀee chat meetups, monthly $50 expense reimbursement
While we are working remotely currently, we expect to be back in the oﬃce eventually to meet with our clients in person. As such, the right candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to the San Diego metro area and be able to regularly commute to our oﬃce in Kearny Mesa.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
Our process is rigorous. Just as you would want to conduct your due diligence on any investment opportunity, we want all parties to have opportunities to talk to several members of the ﬁrm at varying levels, so we can make a mutually beneﬁcial, informed decision. While we continue to work remotely due to the pandemic, our typical hiring process looks like this:
1. Round 1 Preliminary Phone Interview with HR Manager
2. Behavioral, Cognitive, and/or Case Study-based Assessments
3. Round 2 Phone Interview with Hiring Manager & Department Peer
4. Round 3 Final Phone Interview with Hiring Manager & Senior Partner(s)
5. Conditional verbal oﬀer (subject to criminal background and reference check)
6. Reference Check (3 professional references/1 former manager)
7. Congratulations and welcome to the ﬁrm!
We try to move quickly through this process, but we recognize that calendars don’t always align,
and it may be challenging to schedule while working remotely. If at any time you are unsure of where you stand in the process, please reach out to Stacy Love, HR Manager.
*Beneﬁts are subject to change and eligibility requirements. This summary is not a guarantee of coverage.
HoyleCohen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At HoyleCohen, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. HoyleCohen believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualiﬁcations, merit, and business need.