Senior Internal Auditor or Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor or Internal Auditor– Downtown Columbus, Ohio
Have you ever thought about what it might be like to work for a public pension system? Since 1935, the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System has been providing benefits to public employees. Our Internal Audit team works hard every day to ensure that we have the appropriate internal controls, processes and procedures in place to do this successfully.
We have a dynamic internal audit program and department. We are looking for a self-starter who feels comfortable in providing their thoughts and recommendations related to areas of audit focus and more broadly within the department. Can you see challenges as an opportunity to add to your skills, expertise, and customer service? If so, we can guarantee you will never be bored and will not function in a copy/paste atmosphere! You will get to work with a wide variety of areas including Information Technology, Investments, Finance and Investment Accounting, Human Resources, Legal Services and more!
What you’ll do
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you would be responsible for planning audit assignments and testing controls. This includes reporting results, providing recommendations based on audit findings, and assisting in the development and assessment of organizational controls. You would have the opportunity to liaise with contracted external auditors. We are looking for a leader to mentor new team members as well as oversee and review the audit work performed by other internal audit staff.
As an Internal Auditor, you would be responsible for planning, testing, and reporting on financial, operational, and other audits as outlined in our annual audit plan. Your strong audit and documentation skills would be used to prepare detailed and well-organized audit workpapers, reports and presentations.
In both roles, we are looking for a proactive individual who thrives on personal development and will bring new ideas to the table, with a focus on providing value across the entire organization.
For full job details go to:http://www.opers.org/careers/position-details/Dual-Auditor-2021-05.pdf
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for both positions
- At least two years of auditing experience (internal or external) as an Internal Auditor or four years of auditing experience as a Senior Internal Auditor is required
- Experience auditing investments and/or investment accounting programs is highly preferred
- Familiarity with management control systems, organizational structures, and information technology
- Project management experience is preferred
- Data mining and data analytic audit testing/analysis experience is a plus
- CIA/CPA certification is a bonus
What makes you a success in the position
- Being a self-starter with a “Get it Done” attitude and ability to work independently
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs and priorities
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with associates at all levels of the organization as well as outside parties.
- Having strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects both independently and in a team
What we offer
- A collaborative, team-oriented atmosphere
- A competitive compensation package with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- Professional growth through development opportunities and continuing education
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria and free onsite, covered parking
- Generous time off and sick leave policy as well as 11 paid holidays each year
- This position will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid remote/on-site environment once you successfully complete the evaluation period
Application deadline information
- We are accepting applications beginning 05/17/2021 – 06/07/2021, or until filled.
Who we are
Since 1935, OPERS has provided security and peace of mind to Ohio’s retired public workers and their families by offering retirement, disability and survivor benefit programs for public employers. Our office is in downtown Columbus, minutes from the historic German Village neighborhood and the bustling Short North District. Columbus is a city that never stops innovating, thriving or shaping tomorrow and those attributes align perfectly with our core values. At OPERS, we never stop working for our members and investing in their futures.
As OPERS associates, we make a difference in our members’ lives from the moment they join the Plan, throughout their careers and well into retirement. When you join the OPERS family, you'll become part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. And you’ll become a member too - the work we do as OPERS associates directly impacts our own futures.
Build your career by joining the largest state pension fund in Ohio which proudly serves over 700,000 public employees and retirees. Benefit from a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes access to financial and personal wellness tools and resources. Be part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. Apply today!