RFP & Database Specialist
This position requires working in person in the Chicago office as well as working remotely from home.
SUMMARY: The overall purpose of this position is to prepare responses to institutional and retail RFPs, RFIs, questionnaires, and other written responses to support the marketing and business development activities of the firm, as well as to manage/update consultant and third-party databases. This individual will work closely with and provide back-up support to the Senior RFP & Database Specialist. Additionally, the role works to represent D&P’s investment capabilities and value proposition to current/future clients and prospects through written materials, while also maximizing our reach to prospects within consultant databases.
- Completes and coordinates assigned Requests for Proposals ("RFPs"), Due Diligence Questionnaires ("DDQs"), and consultant questionnaires, ensuring the content is both accurate and compliant, from receipt of the RFP/Questionnaire through production and mailing.
- Manages the data collection, population, and integrity of the designated consultant databases on a timely basis according to established schedules.
- Works closely with subject matter experts (SMEs)—including parent company’s RFP team— on the collection and verification of all content to ensure the content is accurate and compliant with investment regulatory standards
- Utilizes various databases and database reports to gather data for responding to RFPs and questionnaires.
- Maintains comprehensive universe of information and standard responses on firm, people, products, and ESG strategy for use in RFP responses, questionnaires, and databases, and drafts new language as appropriate.
- Maintains the RFP database (RocketDocs).
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the firm's product offerings and investment capabilities.
- Maintains relationships with the consultant database contacts, as backup.
- Recommends process improvements to the RFP and consultant database process and content.
- Works with investment teams to create investment commentaries (typically monthly and quarterly); emphasis on editing/revision process, as backup.
- Monitors the market databases and other data sources for the purpose of evaluating marketplace activity and gathering competitive/market research information for our product set.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests related to database entries as needed in support of the Business Development, Marketing, and external communications teams.
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator with maintaining website content, per firm guidelines.
- Performs other functions as assigned by all senior executives to support the Business Development, Marketing, and Client Service departments.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned by management. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses & skills required)
- BA/BS degree in Marketing/PR, Business Administration, Finance, English/Professional Writing, or Communications from an accredited college or university, with demonstrated success in the marketing discipline.
- 2+ years of recent RFP or related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel (i.e., utilizing styles and other formatting tools in Word, perform intermediate Excel functions, including v-lookups and pivot tables).
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication (verbal and written) skills, with the ability to foster relationships cross-departmentally.
- Detail-oriented with proven abilities to meet critical deadlines in a high-performing team environment. Willingness to learn and take on challenging new assignments.
- Self-starter, positive "can do" attitude, with abilities to adapt to change quickly and act as a change agent when necessary.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion activities.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
- Some overtime may be required.