Coho Partners Ltd., founded in 1999, is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. As of March 31, 2021 total combined assets including model advisement, discretionary, and non-discretionary are approximately $9.4 billion.
Coho focuses on generating a specific pattern of returns that offers strong protection in down markets and very competitive returns in up markets. The firm’s investment philosophy is based on the premise that the most effective way to create and sustain wealth in the equity markets is to achieve an asymmetric pattern of returns over time, where the portfolio demonstrates a down-market capture considerably less than its up-market capture.
This position serves as an integral member of the investment team and has responsibility for ESG research coverage within Coho’s investable universe. Successful candidates will have strong writing and communication skills and an interest in incorporating material ESG considerations within the fundamental research approach.
Proactively and collaboratively working with the Investment Team including but not limited to:
- Work with the Investment Team to develop analytical tools to evaluate material ESG drivers and risks, including comprehensive review of corporate sustainability reports, annual proxy filings, and other relevant ESG related materials;
- Initiate and sustain regular written and verbal communication with the Coho Investment Committee;
- Work closely with members of Coho’s Distribution Team to provide insight and support on ESG topics. Assist with development of marketing materials and prospect/client presentations;
- Assist portfolio managers with ESG engagement calls with company management;
- Collaborate with the investment and distribution teams to publish monthly and quarterly commentaries and white papers on relevant ESG topics;
- Understand and remain current on ESG and investment trends and work collaboratively with the Investment Team to ensure that Coho is a leader in ESG investing;
- Participate in reporting initiatives such as PRI assessment reports and research papers; and
- Any other job duties as assigned.
- 2 – 10 years of ESG, quantitative or fundamental equity research experience;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, quantitative and research skills;
- Must be passionate about ESG practices, and willing to serve as an internal subject matter expert for ESG efforts;
- Previous ESG research experience is strongly preferred;
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- High degree of versatility, self-motivation, and integrity;
- Energetic, with the ability to thrive within a small team-oriented environment with minimal oversight;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/MS preferred; and
- Excellent skills with Bloomberg and/or Factset and ESG research providers (i.e.: Sustainalytics, MSCI, ISS).