Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 280 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specializes in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Data & Analytics, and Implementation Support (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimize potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 400+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 90 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
- To develop and deliver investment advice to assigned Albourne clients.
- Consult with Albourne’s clients taking the central role on the advisory service delivered to them.
- Assist clients with formulating investment policy and guidelines, making recommendations to them related to individual funds, strategy or general portfolio characteristics based on these guidelines, analysis contained within Albourne’s research platform and the house view
- Actively monitor client portfolios with reference to performance, risk, exposures, rating and sub-ratings, understanding the portfolio’s objectives within the context of the total asset allocation
- Maintaining client relationships and ensuring client loyalty and retention through excellent client service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Complete Annual Reviews with clients.
- Utilize the full range of Albourne resources, including the Albourne Report, Risk Reports etc. across clients as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with alternative assets market performance, trends and notable events across Hedge Funds, Private Markets and Dynamic Beta through active engagement with IDD and ODD Analysts as well as with alternative funds, media and specialist publications.
- Refer client questions and interest in asset classes/strategies outside their current silo to the appropriate analyst or Function Head
- Thoroughly review Albourne published research on alternative assets on a timely basis. Be prepared and able to comment on any component of Albourne’s services and advice.
- Participate in regular conference calls and meetings with clients and/or Albourne analysts. Act as Albourne representative at client board or investment committee meetings and other formal or information consultation. Work with other assigned client service group to produce documents relevant to these meetings.
- Where necessary, meet with alternative asset managers and provide written summary in form of core.reports and strategy summaries. Assist in the preparation of Albourne Strategy Timing reports (Quarterly Strategy Forecasts, and 5-year Forecasts).
- Undertake bespoke fund, strategy and portfolio level research where appropriate to satisfy client requests. Prepare portfolio, strategy and fund level presentations for clients - ensuring data accuracy and complete coverage. Review and publish Albourne research as directed.
- Maintain good relationship with clients and a strong understanding of assigned clients’ objectives and goals related to their investments in alternative assets.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities based on clients’ interests.
- Prepare, run and review client portfolio risk models – ensuring data accuracy and complete coverage. Assist in the preparation of Albourne portfolio construction reports (Model Portfolios, Rational Portfolios and optimization analysis).
- Assist with overseeing client portfolios performance, risk/return profiles. Provide ongoing assistance (quantitative and qualitative modelling) and analyze and explain movements in client portfolios.
- Prepare clear, accurate, concise reports and recommendations to clients, in line with client and management deadlines.
- Follow company’s “best practices” in respect of portfolio construction.
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared, reviewed and sent to clients on a timely and accurate basis.
- Work closely with other analysts and client account managers to facilitate knowledge transfer in the company.
- Maintain HFDB with accurate and timely information, including meeting notes, recommendations, presentations and other board material. Ensure that client material is stored in commonly accessible areas as directed.
- Where required, provide assistance in business development activities, including participation in Board finalist interviews as part of an RFP process.
- Support with business strategic initiatives as required.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports.
- Other ad hoc activities, as directed by Head of Portfolio Group and other Partner Portfolio Analysts
What We’re Looking For
- University graduate
- Relevant prior work experience, with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong written communication skills
- Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (CFA, CAIA, CPA)
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Systems literacy (excel, ppt, word, Outlook)
- Travel (frequent)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors