Portfolio Analyst (Middle Office)
Albourne is an investment consultant which was founded in 1994. Albourne advises over 280 investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and family offices, on over $550 billion alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. It specializes in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Private Credit, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients to be the best investors they could be by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Data & Analytics, and Implementation Support (middle and back office) services. Albourne seeks to minimize potential conflicts of interest by only providing non-discretionary advice, which it does on a fixed fee basis.
Albourne’s 400+ employees are in 10 offices globally, including London, San Francisco, Connecticut, Munich, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Nicosia and Bahrain. Albourne is proud of its flat structure with over 90 Partners, over 75 of whom are either share or option holders.
- The Portfolio Analyst (Middle Office) is a mid-level analyst who is directly involved in leading and supporting the team’s work advising clients on private fund negotiations, transaction documentation and execution.
- Review hedge fund and private market fund legal documentation and draft reports accurately summarizing key terms.
- Use existing Albourne research to resolve potential issues spotted from reviews of fund legal documentation.
- Supervise and review Associate Analyst drafts of subscription agreements and assist with escalated anti-money laundering requests.
- Communicate and coordinate the closing of transactions with clients, fund managers and fund administrators.
- With support from partners, help clients with the negotiation of recommended side letter terms and amendments to fund agreements.
- Communicate professionally and tactfully with fund managers and clients on time-sensitive matters.
- Effectively manage multiple client negotiations and transactions at a time.
- Support partners on fee negotiations with private fund managers, including drafting memoranda of understanding and managing day-to-day communications with client teams and fund managers.
- Advise clients on best practice investment operations processes for the implementation of alternative investments.
- Support the partners in providing advice to clients and the Portfolio Group on fund structures, terms, and other legal terms.
- Support the continuing development of Middle Office services.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments that impact the alternative investment industry.
- Develop educational materials for Albourne’s staff and clients regarding trends in legal terms for alternative investments.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports
What We’re Looking For
- Undergraduate degree, minimum. Juris Doctorate preferred. Consideration given for other graduate business degrees, CFA or CAIA designations.
- At least 5 years’ experience with alternative investments, preference for experience performing investment due diligence, operational due diligence or legal due diligence at an institutional investor.
- Demonstrated understanding of the structure, terms and mechanics of alternative investment funds and contracts.
- Solid understanding of institutional investor norms and best practices for governance, investment process and investment operations.
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an excellent eye for detail. Strong technical writing capability.
- Ability to travel overseas, as required (not expected to exceed twice per year).
- Systems literacy (Microsoft Office), advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Attendance of company events.
- Signing and complying with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga and fitness
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors