Corporate Development Analyst
Corporate Development Analyst
Pipestone Energy Corp. (“Pipestone”)
Location: Calgary Head Office
Group: Corporate Development
Reporting to: Vice President, Corporate Development
Pipestone is an oil and gas exploration and production company with its head office located in Calgary, Alberta. The company is focused on developing its pure-play condensate-rich Montney asset in the Pipestone area near Grande Prairie. Pipestone is committed to building long term value for our shareholders and values the partnerships that it is developing within its operating community. Pipestone shares trade under the symbol PIPE on the TSX.
Pipestone has an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Development Analyst to join our growing team. The successful candidate will gain valuable experience in this unique role through their exposure and collaboration with a number of departments of the company. The primary focus of this role will be in Pipestone’s Corporate Development and function with support and interaction with various other departments as required.
This position will appeal to a team player who is motivated, demonstrates a strong eagerness to learn, strives for excellence in their deliverables, all while working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Maintain the corporate financial model and perform analysis as required for senior management and board of directors;
- Work with operations team members to develop and maintain accurate financial forecasts;
- Support the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities;
- Execute debt and equity financing transactions;
- Assist in managing and monitoring the Company’s risk management and commodity hedging program, including ensuring that all hedges entered are appropriately authorized / executed, tracking / filing trade confirmations, updating the corporate hedging policy as required, and maintaining a monthly summary of hedge book positions for internal / external financial reporting purposes;
- Assist in managing investor relations, including developing the corporate presentation, drafting and disseminating press releases, messaging and participating in calls and meetings with investors;
- Leading the enhancement of the company's public website and maintaining its associated content;
- Assist in developing and implementing Pipestone’s Environment, Social & Corporate Governance (“ESG”) reporting framework;
- Assistance with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial reporting;
- Assisting with quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits;
- Working with the finance and operational teams to reconcile and explain variances of actual results to budget for management reporting; and
- Other duties and project work as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- University degree (bachelors or masters) in business, finance or accounting;
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience working in investment banking or equity research;
- Financial modelling for upstream oil & gas, budgeting and forecasting experience;
- Highly advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to pay close attention to details; and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with flexibility to adhere to deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.