William Blair Investment Management is a premier global investment management boutique, with a sole focus on active management across equity, fixed income, currency and multi-asset strategies. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. We work closely with the most sophisticated investors globally across institutional and intermediary channels, including consultants, private and public pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and financial advisors. We are a U.N.-Supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Signatory, Tier-1 U.K. Stewardship Signatory, Investor Stewardship Group Member (Framework for U.S. Stewardship and Governance), and Signatory to the Japan and Korea Stewardship Codes. We are based in Chicago with resources in New York, London, Zurich, Sydney, Stockholm, The Hague, and Singapore, and dedicated coverage for Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
William Blair’s advisor solutions group is responsible for all of the sales-and-marketing functions related to the distribution of William Blair’s investment products to advisors and third-party platforms in the intermediary channel.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an integral member of our highly collaborative and strategic, goal-oriented sales team, you will be the central point of contact for clients and colleagues and will play a critical role in the success of the team. A key aspect of the role is to proactively contact prospects to expand our brand, learn about their asset allocation process and qualify them for potential meetings and further engagement. Ultimately, thoughtful and frequent phone activity is highly impactful to lead generation. High performing RAs are focused and must be able to approach work in a goal-oriented way; they are results-driven and have a strong understanding of the desired outcomes. We’re looking for someone who can be the future of an ever evolving financial firm.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Director to establish new relationships through proactive calling and email efforts
- Apply a consultative sales approach to prospecting and deepening relationships with RIA’s, family offices, banks, wire house and B/D financial advisors
- Participate in targeted outreach campaigns and contributes to National Accounts initiatives
- Strategically collaborate with team to contribute innovative and entrepreneurial ideas for territory management
- Maintain thorough knowledge of assigned territory goals/pipeline, key clients and prospects
- Consistently utilize Salesforce CRM for prospecting preparation and log client communications
- Represent William Blair at industry conferences and travel quarterly with external partner to meet and present to clients and prospects
- Participate in other projects as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Internship or prior work experience in a sales capacity required, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated to take advantage of career development opportunities, seek out industry designations, post graduate degrees, and professional training via industry experts.
- Demonstrated interest in learning investment products as well as key sales and service requirements of institutional clients and investment advisors.
- Excellent telephone sales and service skills.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- Dedication to detail and follow-up.
- Positive, can-do attitude and high level of personal initiative, which is paramount in a sales environment.
- Ability to work individually and cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives.
- Adaptable and open to feedback.
- Ability to be resourceful in seeking solutions.
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses must be obtained within 120 days of start date.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.