Institutional Sales Associate 2
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families
- Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $603 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
*Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
This position sits within Wells Fargo Asset Management’s International Client Group. The individual will work with large and complex institutional clients/prospects by providing services related to projects, relationship management, reporting and documentation. This includes:
- Prepares competitive analysis, interprets data and makes recommendations to Institutional Client Group Directors regarding investment teams, products, and/or market segments to target
- Partners with sales, portfolio managers, product specialists and/or client relations staff for support activities for relationships
- Leads projects, including identifying resources, establishing timeframes and managing to milestones and communicating and coordinating across various internal parties
- Preparing marketing and developing presentations while assessing compliance implications
- Preparing service materials, managing client questionnaire requests and regular reporting deliverables
- Identifies opportunities to streamline processes and procedures to gain efficiencies
- Analyzes and resolves complex operational, systems-related and/or issues
- May coach, cross-train and/or lead other support team members
- May participate with the leadership team to develop and execute business strategy
- 5+ years of institutional quality sales support, equivalent relationship management support, or a combination of both
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Power Point, Word, Access)
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets or trading
- Reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- Ability to produce high level summary analysis reports in a meaningful and understandable format
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Asset Management experience highly preferred
- Understanding of global institutional asset owner types. Particularly relevant regions are Asia Pacific and, to a lesser extent, Latin America
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.