We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham’s Global Real Estate (“GRE”) sector solves real estate investors' capital markets problems and brings efficiency and innovation to the changing global landscape through unique offerings including interest rate and FX hedging, capital advisory, defeasance and prepayment, debt management, accounting services and valuation.
As a part of GRE, the Enterprise Hedging team provides advisory and execution services in the areas of interest rate and foreign exchange risk management. The team works with many of the largest real estate investment managers in the world. We strive to learn about our clients, their investment vehicles, and their asset plans with the goal to identify risks, and ultimately provide strategies to mitigate those risks. This often leads to assisting those clients in executing interest rate or FX hedging transactions.
In this role you will:
The role is dynamic and fast-paced. The Hedging Consultant will gain a thorough understanding of derivative products and markets. Learning takes place alongside experienced team members in an apprenticeship-style format to:
- Become familiar with pricing models and generate indications for clients and influencers
- Read, interpret, and analyze loan documents
- Prepare and review transaction documents to assist with transaction execution, legal and regulatory compliance
- Educate and advise clients, lenders, and brokers on hedging issues
- Assist with client and market research, as well as preparation of client deliverables
- Collaborate across GRE to identify non-hedging solutions
- Execute interest rate and foreign currency trades
- Build relationships with clients and identify non-hedging solutions to client’s problems
Initially, you will be trained (or further trained) in interest rate and foreign exchange hedging mechanics and pricing, followed by client advisory, deal structuring, terms negotiation, and execution of hedges. As you grow in experience, you will bring value as a relationship manager, participating in all aspects of hedging strategy and transaction execution for a client while growing your expertise in capital markets. You will partner with colleagues in other service areas to identify additional client needs and provide comprehensive solutions. Our most experienced team members take on responsibility for numerous individual clients. Along the way, you will further your knowledge of investment real estate and have the opportunity to strengthen your education with online real estate courses offered through NYU.
In this role, you will contribute to Chatham’s purpose of Impacting Clients. As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. The Enterprise Hedging Team is often the central point of contact with clients across Chatham’s various service areas. As you progress, you will become an integral part of client relationships, assist clients in making better capital markets decisions and assessing ways Chatham can help solve complex problems.
Contributors to your success:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience in finance, commercial real estate or a related field
- MBA/Master’s degree in finance or credentials such as a CFA a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Orientation towards collective team performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments at once
We seek individuals who will thrive in our culture and make a significant impact over the long term and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial delivers financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations across industries and around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets. At Chatham, we help businesses improve their bottom lines. But that’s not the only place we’re committed to making an impact. We look beyond our clients, too — enhancing the markets where we work, supporting the clients we partner with, helping our employees thrive, and giving back to the world at large. And when you join Chatham, you’re an integral part of this equation, enabling us to live this purpose-driven philosophy every day.