Municipal Credit Analyst
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Municipal Credit Analyst is responsible for the coverage of select sectors in the Municipal Bond investment universe. The Analyst will conduct fundamental research and partner with Portfolio Managers to make investment decisions that contribute to consistently superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Conduct independent, fundamental credit research on issuers in the assigned sector(s) to develop investment recommendations that integrate one’s fundamental credit assessment with relative value considerations.
- Key research inputs include financial statement analysis, assessment of management, economic conditions, industry/sector trends and ESG factors.
- Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop long term, well-researched investment theses on sectors and issuers.
- Leverage relationships with issuer stakeholders, industry participants, and other TRP investment professionals to develop unique insights that contribute to superior investment decisions.
- Communicate investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, other TRP analysts, internal committees and external clients.
- At least three years of experience analyzing credit worthiness and investing in fixed income securities
- An inquisitive nature that drives one’s analysis and results in unique investment insights
- Exemplary analytical skills and experience with relative value and investing
- Flexible, collaborative, and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities, supporting one’s ideas to questioning by Portfolio Managers and other Analysts
- TRP emphasizes a team-oriented approach, which will require the analyst to demonstrate these attributes on both an individual and group level
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- MBA, MPP, and/or CFA preferred
- Experience analyzing municipal healthcare issuers is a plus