The senior research analyst will support the Institutional Securities & Investments team's research efforts, focusing on post-trade processing and technology research.
The ideal candidate brings solid industry expertise (10 years of experience ideally at a financial institution, industry association, trade publication, management consulting firm, or leading technology vendor); a background in post-trade workflows, including post-trade processing and technology; and a working knowledge of clearing models, prime brokerage, and/or asset servicing. The candidate should be aware of the challenges present in post-trade, have familiarity of market participants and solution providers in the space, understand regulations present and future, and have a working knowledge of the technology being used by the sell-side and/or buy-side.
Additionally, we expect the candidate to have proven written and oral communication skills, an ability to formulate original analyses and actionable recommendations, and proven quantitative analysis skills. Research or strategic development experience is also highly desirable.
Candidates must be fluent in English (fluency in another language, such as Chinese, Japanese, French, German, or Spanish, is always welcome). A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required; a candidate who holds a master's degree is preferred.
Research analysts are expected to excel in the following areas:
- Be highly self-motivated, be able to independently carry out primary research (interview-based rather than desk research), and have experience in producing conceptual diagrams and presenting statistical information in a logical format
- Have written and oral communication skills—writing is a large part of the job, so being able to produce balanced content in a cohesive and comprehensive manner is important
- Have strong time management skills, as analysts are always working on more than one project at a given time
- Regularly securing speaking engagements at industry and client conferences and events
- Have enthusiasm for developing existing and new areas of research as well as responding to market developments that impact the buy-side community and its technology requirements.
Aite Group believes our success depends on the human and professional qualities of our employees. Aite Group seeks personable individuals who can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with a team. We welcome inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic, and political trends and issues.
Aite Group is headquartered in Boston, and the candidate would ideally be based in Boston, London, Chicago, or New York City. Aite Group expects much from the people it attracts and is committed to offering these individuals a rewarding professional environment. Compensation consists of a base salary along with a performance-based bonus. Aite Group is an equal opportunity employer.