Associate - Insurance Solutions
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing insurance solutions team that’s part of an investment vehicle with $45 billion in assets under management investment vehicle. Security Benefit, which is wholly-owned by Eldridge Industries, is a leader in the U.S. retirement market whose investment portfolio has consistently delivered industry leading returns through a rigorous and differentiated investment strategy. The team’s responsibilities will be focused on creating financing solutions for different types of investments. This position is located in our New York City office @ 350 Park Avenue or our office in Topeka, Kansas.
The Associate’s responsibilities will include, among other things:
- Financing Solution: Support the team to plan and manage financing activities. Provide strategic recommendations to fund investments originated by the deal team. Restructure the existing assets to be compliant with the evolving investment policies, regulatory requirements and rating agency constraints faced by the insurance company.
- Reporting: Responsible for ad hoc and periodic reporting on portfolios of assets and specific investments.
- Portfolio Management: Responsible for active management of Security Benefit’s portfolios of private esoteric asset backed securities which includes interest calculation, financing, pricing, audit/finance/investment operation requests, legal documentation, regulatory matters, and performance update.
- Operations Analysis: Responsible for ensuring Security Master File (“SMF”) is accurate for each asset in the portfolio including resultant asset analytics, investment reconciliations, maintain rating agency letters for required investments, providing principal and interest breakdowns on certain investments, execute asset warehouse program duties including but not limited to, legal documentation, draw and repayment requests, trade entry, and borrower loan compliance
- Relationship Management: Form and maintain business relationships by interfacing with borrowers and other counterparties.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Finance, Economics, or related fields. Progress toward CFA and/or MBA preferred
- Typically 1-3 years’ experience in insurance companies, rating agency, ABS team, and/or other investment management experience
- Ideal candidate will be well organized, detailed oriented, creative, independent, entrepreneurial, assertive, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and deliver timely results
- Ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, outside-the-box thinker, possessing a strong desire to understand complex transactions and situations in a dynamic environment
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/maintain external relationships
- Robust skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Hard-working with a team-oriented approach
- Proficient expertise in quantitative, analytical, modeling and financial analysis skills, including the ability to understand complex financing/structuring concepts
- Basic understanding of regulatory and rating agency constraints to insurance companies is a plus
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website at www.securitybenefit.com to complete the online application and submit your resume. EOE