A new opportunity has arisen to join a fast growing, Jersey-based, wealth management firm, as part of their investment team. The role is for an experienced fund research analyst (minimum of 3 years). A self-starter, you should be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills. The role will include the analysis of responsible and sustainable collective investments, across all major asset classes including liquid alternatives; as well as working with the Investment Committee (IC) to construct and manage client portfolios.
Duties and responsibilities will include;
- Undertaking the quantitative and qualitative appraisal of investment funds, to include the preparation of White List Approval Notes and their presentation to the Investment Authorisation Committee.
- The day-to-day relationships with key fund houses; use of Door and AssetQ for data sourcing; coordination, attendance and record-keeping of fund manager meetings and factsheet filing.
- Monitoring of industry trends and fund launches, to include peer group management.
- Maintenance of Affinity’s RARE database of key risk and performance metrics for third party funds, interrogating the output and making recommendations.
- Oversight of the evolving regulation and impact measurements around sustainable investing, to include SFDR categories.
- Contributing to the annual Impact Report for clients and relevant marketing materials
- Organising the Annual Investment Authorisation Committee meeting and delivering on the set of objectives this Board-appointed committee must fulfil.
- Being a member and active participant of the IC, to include assisting with the preparation of the research pack of macro charts, indicators, technical, valuation metrics
Qualifications and skills
Need to have;
- A Visa to work in the UK
- 3 or more years’ experience in fund analysis
- A level 4 investment qualification
- A passion for responsible investing and a desire to contribute to a more sustainable world
- Excellent writing skills
- Confidence with Excel and other industry systems e.g. Bloomberg, FE Analytics
- Initiative, an ability to organise and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- A sense of humour and a love of contributing as part of a small team
Nice to have;
- An ESG related qualification
Salary and benefits
We strive to build a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. All permanent employees of Affinity are entitled to an attractive benefits package including pension, private healthcare and participation in a well-being program. We support and encourage learning. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Please send your CV, a short covering letter and an example of your work for the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org