Senior Portfolio Analyst/Portfolio Manager
Laurel Wealth Planning, LLC (LWP) is an established holistic wealth management firm serving individual investors in Minnesota and several other states from our main office in Edina, Minnesota.
Our mission is to help our clients live the lives they want, fostering long-term relationships built on a foundation of trust and confidence. We believe in the value of proactive investment management and comprehensive financial planning. Our high attention to our clients is grounded in our values of client care first, honor, full reliability, going the extra mile, and win-win teamwork.
We have served the Twin Cities area and our market niches — including retirees, those planning for retirement, and affluent divorcees & widow(er)s — for more than 20 years. Our firm is growing quickly, with revenue increases of approximately 30% annually over the last two years. We have a strong succession plan, and our top contributors have the opportunity to earn a Shareholder role.
We are looking for a highly-dedicated, experienced Senior Portfolio Analyst or Portfolio Manager to join our team. This role will own analysis and trading of client portfolios through the sophisticated Tamarac rebalancing system. They will organize and lead our Investment Committee, provide recommendations to improve our model portfolios, and retain the accuracy of performance reporting systems. They will help drive the growth of the firm through finding efficiencies and creating investment updates and blog content. They will wear multiple hats as the firm grows, including billing and supporting the firm’s overall technology efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced expertise in investment concepts.
- Advanced skills level with Excel and expertise with industry software such as Tamarac, Orion, etc.
- Familiarity with Morningstar.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex and diverse information.
- Strong problem solver.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Clear, persuasive speaking ability in positive or negative situations and ability to present complex numerical data effectively.
- Clear, informative writing ability, including presenting numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment and ability to manage competing demands.
- Ability to commit to long hours of work as necessary to reach firm goals.
- Ability to take independent actions and calculated risks.
- Ability to prioritize and plan own work activities, working independently or in a team environment.
- High initiative; highly dedicated.
- Strong team player.
- Strongly supports diverse team members, including race, gender, ethnicity, etc.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred (or equivalent discipline); 5+ years of portfolio realignment or investment experience. Substantial experience with sophisticated rebalancing systems.
Series 65 licensed. Investment credential preferred such as CFA and/or graduate work in financial and/or securities.
Base: Based on skills and experience.
Bonuses: Based on team and individual results.
Individual and family health coverage. Company-paid disability income and life insurance. Company contribution to 401(k) plan. Flexible work environment. With strong performance, opportunity to work remotely on hybrid basis.
Career Track -- Over time, this position may have the opportunity to move into the Director of Investments and/or Shareholder role based on contribution, firm growth, and firm needs.
For more details contact