Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury
Job Title: Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is dedicated to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we’re a growth-oriented North American power producer that creates dependable, cost-effective and innovative electricity solutions to power a sustainable future.
As a group of experts and innovators in our field, we’re taking a leadership role in developing renewables, improving thermal generation efficiency and supporting the development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) solutions to support a low-carbon energy system.
Join us in powering a clean energy future!
Breif Posting Description:
One Permanent Full-Time Position.
Capital Power Corporation is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented individual to join our Treasury team.
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Treasury, the Director, Treasury & Corporate Finance is accountable for the performance of Treasury Operations and Corporate Finance activities within Capital Power. This includes ensuring that costs and effective management of cash and/or borrowing balances, timely and accurate cash flow forecasting, interest rate management and liquidity requirements are satisfied. Additionally, this position ensures timely and accurate compliance reporting and effectively partners with cross functional teams to achieve required outcomes.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Corporate Finance professionals.
- Manage and enhance appropriate relationships with banks to ensure credit agreements facilitate Capital Power’s business needs, and Capital Power’s access to capital markets is maintained on a cost competitive basis.
- Manage credit rating agency relationships including understanding and applying credit rating analytics, maintaining regular contact with agencies and managing the preparation of materials to be shared with rating agencies.
- Leading and executing on external financing including but not limited to Equity and Debt raises including Sustainable financing options.
- Ensure on-going compliance with all financial covenants.
- Perform financial due diligence on development and acquisition opportunities.
- Recommendation for development of Corporate Financing plans.
- Manage compliance with Internal Process and Policie
- Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Finance supplemented with a Professional Designation in related field.
- CFA, CPA or equivalent Finance designation is preferred.
- 7 years of post-graduation Finance experience with at least 5+ years Finance experience in a relevant position.
- Effective business partner providing Corporate Finance advice necessary to make reliable and timely business decisions.
- Engage other areas of expertise to work as an effective team.
- Ability to explain concepts to a variety of audiences including the Board or external parties.
- Exercises influential strategies as a leader to influence decision making.
- Coaching and providing timely feedback to team members and direct reports and appropriately delegating responsibility.
- Fully engaged in Corporate Finance technical work and making recommendations for change as necessary.
- Proactive business partner and leader in Finance and cross-functional areas.
- Some travel required and must be able to work with tight deadlines
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check.
We’re committed to providing a meaningful work experience that challenges you to be your best at every stage of your career with us. You will be empowered to take on opportunities you never thought you would.
We offer a highly flexible benefits and wellness program, comprehensive onboarding and training, and various development opportunities to support your success and personal growth.
We’re passionate about our employees and proud to foster a culture that values diversity; realizing an inclusive and diverse team is paramount to help grow our company and power the future. We’re proud to foster an environment where employees go home safe every day feeling physically, emotionally and financially supported.
How To Apply:
Capital Power only accepts resumes via online application at www.capitalpower.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered for vacancies.
Thank you for taking the time to apply and expressing interest in Capital Power. We wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies; however, it is our practice to contact only those individuals selected for interviews.
Capital Power is committed to providing a fair and transparent hiring process. We recognize and embrace the value of diversity and hire employees with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge for each position.