- Manage and coordinate quarterly and annual investment valuations, Prepare investor reporting (quarterly/annual letters, respond to investor inquiries), Prepare annual, semi-annual, quarterly as well as ad hoc presentations, Process and manage asset and portfolio information through usage/development of firm-wide information management systems, Coordinate communication between Portfolio Management, local operating platforms/joint venture partners as well as Alpine Grove Deal Team and Investor Relations Team, Evaluate, recommend and manage the implementation of enhanced reporting systems and tools.
The position is based in New York City. The position may require infrequent travel to locations where the firm’s offices and investments are located.
The position reports to the Head of PM, located in New York City.
- Coordinate annual, semi-annual, quarterly as well as ad hoc presentation while:
- Maintain close working relationships with local operating platforms/joint venture partners to obtain timely and accurate underlying property-level data, including projected operating performance,
- Maintain close working relationship with accounting teams to obtain timely and accurate historical investment-level data,
- Maintain the forward and backward-looking financial models and prepare DCF valuations in line with the global valuation policy and guidelines,
- Coordinate with the annual audit review of portfolio valuations,
- Survey industry best practices and recommending process improvements as appropriate.
- Calculate and analyze investment performance data for internal and external reporting:
- Maintain forward-looking financial models and prepare track records,
- Calculate investment-level and entity-level performance and reporting in line with policy, including IRR and MOIC.
- Prepare materials for Valuation Committee meetings and present valuation recommendations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual letters to investors in collaboration with the deal team and the accounting team
- Provide numerical and visual input for presentation materials to investors for the December Advisory Committee Update, for the Annual Investor Meetings and/or Conferences, as wells providing materials on an ad hoc basis for investor meetings
- Prepare responses to investor questions and requests
Information Processing and Management
- Maintain asset-level and entity-level information database and document library for internal and external reporting. Gather, organize and review portfolio data on a quarterly basis for inclusion in the firm’s asset database
- At least 8 years of experience with real estate investments
- Highly numerate and detail-oriented
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and ability to work / coordinate with the accounting team for historical information
- Good communication skills to manage the reporting interface with the respective controllers in operating platform companies
- Independent and flexible approach to working – needs to be a self- starter and manage working across multiple time zones
- Investment analysis skills –understanding of real estate and private equity investment concepts and ability to analyze portfolio assets accordingly
- Computer skills – high level of fluency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) with the ability to manage large volumes of data
- CFA and/or CIPM designation(s) strongly preferred.
- Prior real estate Asset Management experience strongly preferred.