High Yield Bond Analyst 2
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
o Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
o Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
o Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
o Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
o Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
o Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
o Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $603 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
*Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
The Research Analyst will take the primary analytical responsibility for a variety of industries and companies in which Wells Capital Management currently invests or is likely to take a position. The analyst will utilize fundamental research skills, including business risk analysis and financial ratio analysis, which will then be overlaid with relative value considerations to produce trade recommendations for Portfolio Managers and traders. The analyst’s coverage will include high yield bond, leverage loan and select crossover issuers, both in developed and developing markets.
The analyst also will be expected to take the lead role on ESG scoring for covered industries, various ad-hoc projects, participate in meetings with a management teams and as requested, periodically meet with clients, prospects and consultants. (Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.)
• Perform independent, bottoms up, fundamental credit research on high yield issuers within assigned sectors
• Provide timely research opinions and investment recommendations (verbal and written) to Portfolios Managers that manage high yield, core plus, investment grade, short duration and multi-asset strategies
• Assess broad industry trends such as shifts in competition, regulation and legislation, and/or general market dynamics with a view towards investment implications
• Attend company and industry presentations
• Establish and build relationships with sell-side contacts and other market participants such as rating agency analysts
• Actively participate in team meetings
• Work with portfolio managers, traders and other research analysts on ad hoc projects as appropriate
• Represent Wells Capital Management’s research capabilities at client, prospect and/or consultant meetings
• 3+ years of investment research experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
• Ability to work independently, proactively, innovatively, and creatively while exercising sound judgment
• Ability to work effectively as a team player with ability to support team in achieving group goals
• Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
Other Desired Qualifications
• 2-5 years of investment research, investment banking, debt capital markets or private equity experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation