Kalo Capital Management is looking for a smart, hardworking, and loyal research analyst to work alongside the Portfolio Manager in a two person office. This opportunity is for an in-person position. The Analyst will have a hands-on active role in the analysis of investments. The Analyst will directly interact with the Portfolio Manager discussing stocks and will have input into investment decisions. This position will assist with some marketing and back office responsibilities.
We are looking for a self-starter who has a passion for investing, and has research experience. Must possess a strong analytic, quantitative mindset. The successful candidate will have an analytical mind, be technologically savvy, loyal, reliable, and a positive attitude.
This position will be responsible for ongoing fundamental and qualitative research on existing and prospective holdings. There is no specific sector focus, as Kalo focuses broadly on small/micro cap stocks that are overlooked by the broader market with fundamentally driven underappreciated growth opportunities.
- In-office opportunity (Del Mar area of San Diego).
- Work and interact closely with Portfolio Manager.
- Due diligence and research analysis for existing and prospective investment holdings.
- Build and maintain company financial models with valuation analysis.
- Monitor news and corporate developments.
- Listen to conference calls/read quarterly transcripts, while taking detailed notes with summarized key points and insights.
- Be able to identify and summarize key information and communicate it.
- Attend virtual conferences/webcasts.
- Correspond, schedule, and participate in calls with company management teams for due diligence and update calls.
- Assist with Kalo marketing activities: update performance reporting sites, update marketing presentation and tear sheet, assist with quarterly investment letters and management of prospective investor database.
- Other random projects that come up.
Minimum Qualifications / Other Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CFA/MBA (or other demonstration of commitment to investing)
- Very strong financial modeling ability (including IS, BS, CF interconnection), and ability to perform in-depth financial statement analysis. Strong equity valuation understanding.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail. Strong fundamental research skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and strong general computer skills.
- Minimum 3 years of equity analyst experience (buy or sell side).
- Genuine passion for investing and intellectual curiosity and humility. Interest in small/micro cap growth/value stocks. Strong enthusiasm for investment research process.
- Willingness to collaborate and be mentored. Willing to learn new systems and develop.
- Problem solver with the ability to prioritize tasks and drive to get things done; ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong work ethic, high moral integrity.
- Loyalty and trust is very important.
- Someone that wants to grow and develop with firm… views this as more than just a job.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including health & dental insurance, and potential for 401k/Profit Sharing Plan contributions.
- This position is for an in-office opportunity. We will not be paying relocation expenses.
- Kalo recently relocated from New Jersey to San Diego, CA (specifically the Del Mar area).
- Please send resume and cover letter (including brief written response describing your ability and passion for investing) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Analyst Job Listing, [your name]”