Investment Reporting Manager
The University of Washington Investment Management Company (“UWINCO”) manages approximately $6 billion of endowment and operating funds for the University of Washington. The funds are invested in a diversified mix of traditional and alternative investments with a significant allocation outside of the United States. To learn more about UWINCO and how it manages the Endowment, please visit our website at https://www.uwinco.uw.edu/. Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington honors personal experiences, perspectives and unique identity.
Overview of the Investment Reporting Manager Role
UWINCO has a unique opportunity for a detail-oriented and quantitatively-minded individual interested in performance reporting. The Investment Reporting Manager will be responsible for multiple aspects of performance reporting on the University's investment portfolio, which includes over 100 external investment managers. Critical to investment program oversight, this position coordinates and provides regular, comprehensive and detailed performance reports and analyses to the Board of Regents (“BOR”), the UWINCO Board, and senior management. Extensive external interaction occurs with UW’s custodial bank, general investment consultant, and a variety of external service providers and managers.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly investment reporting packages to the BOR, UWINCO Board, other stakeholders and senior management.
- Managing large volumes of data and heavy user of UWINCO’s performance, analytics and reporting system.
- Coordinating reconciliation between portfolio accounting and performance with custodian and UW Treasury.
- Assuming a leadership role in identifying and implementing projects related to gathering of external data, reporting, and process improvements to successful conclusions.
- Extensive data gathering and analyses for private investments, portfolio liquidity and exposures, fees, benchmark comparisons (including peers), and related compliance work.
- In addition to performing sophisticated analyses, the position often initiates and leads new reporting projects that impact the strategic direction of the office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA or equivalent
- Approximately 6+ years in related functions with a strong background in investment reporting and analysis, performance measurement methodologies, accounting and project management.
- High level of understanding of performance measurement methodologies (Modified Dietz, geometric and arithmetic returns, time-weighted returns, IRR) and many portfolio risk characteristics (beta, standard deviation, Sharpe Ratio, correlation, duration).
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize data and summarize complex sets of financial information.
- Advanced skills in Excel and data warehouse applications that involve financial modeling and queries.
- Advanced ability to produce charts, graphs and tables, as well as streamlining report design.
- Solid organization skills as seen in ability to prioritize multiple demands with strong attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and ownership of results, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Tableau, SQL databases applications, investment industry analytical tools.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge on the reporting of complex investment strategies, such as hedge funds, private equities, asset-backed securities and derivatives.
- Experience with investment portfolio management software (e.g. Caissa, Parilux, Solovis) and CRM software.
For more information regarding the position and to apply, please access the job posting using this link: INVESTMENT REPORTING MANAGER (Req. 187582). Questions regarding the position can be addressed to Cathy Pasquan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Scott Davies (email@example.com).