Adjunct Teaching Opportunity UCF College of Business Department of Finance
Adjunct Teaching Opportunity - UCF College of Business Department of Finance - Fall Term 2021
UCF is seeking an adjunct instructor to teach the fall term class of FIN 2100: Personal Finance and Investments (Monday evenings 6-9 p.m.). This is a 3 credit hour class.
- Introduction to financial planning
- Selecting employer benefit plans
- Personal financial statements
- Individual taxes and estate planning
- Consumer banking and credit
- Overview to buying and financing a car
- Overview to buying a house and various mortgage options
- Insurance (auto/home/health/life)
- Introduction to stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
- Long term savings strategies (401-K, 529 plans)
In addition, students are taught time value of money computations using an HP 10BII+. Students will be required to solve TVM problems such as PV and FV of an annuity, solving for INT, PMT, or N, as well as NPV problems in various chapters. The textbook is Focus on Personal Finance 6e by Kapoor Dlabay.
The instructor may use existing materials and exams from the day section of the class, if desired.
Qualifications: A masters degree from an AACSB accredited school is required, preferably an MBA or MS. Further, a professional certification such as CFA or CPA would be ideal. The instructor should have experience in financial planning/investments and be willing to teach every class during the term.
- Classes start Monday August 23, 2021
- Labor Day Holiday Monday September 6, 2021
- Final exam period: December 6 – 11, 2021