Product Control Global Spread Products
Product Control Global Spread Products (GSP) - Structured Credit & Securitized Trading (SCST) and Flow Trading
About Citi’s Product Control
Product Control is a specialized area within the Controllers discipline and is principally associated with the Markets & Securities Services and Corporate & Investment Banking businesses. The Product Control team’s mission is to ensure the completeness, accuracy and integrity of Citi’s books and records. Responsibilities include: product line revenue and balance sheet validation, analysis and reporting, independent price verification, fair value hierarchy classification and valuation adjustments. By advancing with best practice, the team both protects Citi’s reputation and helps to be the best for our clients.
The Product Control team is organized by global product and region, with a global footprint. The team is aligned to each of Citi’s principle product lines or specialized areas such as Valuation Controls, Governance Policy Controls and Global Process Owners Group. Leading with a forward looking vision and passion to be the best requires our team to be strategic, motivational and innovative.
As an active partner across Citi, the team possesses and values a diversity of skills including both analytical and technical components required to manage the dynamic multi-faceted aspects of the role. Ability to think critically, with strategic foresight to anticipate future challenges and create cutting-edge controlled solutions, is complemented by technical coverage across accounting, modeling, risk and proficiency in the market and regulatory environment.
The Global Spread Products businesses operate mainly in North America and Europe with a presence in Japan and Asia Pacific. The primary businesses include Flow Trading, Loan Origination and Finance, Structured Products, and Municipal Public Finance and Trading. Each of these businesses is supported by their regional product control teams. The GSP businesses are market makers in credit products such as corporate bonds and derivatives, securitized products such as asset backed securities, and municipal products such as municipal bonds and derivatives.
This Product Control role in Mexico City will support the GSP businesses and partner with key stakeholders in the Front Office, Middle Office, Risk and other Finance functions to execute Product Control’s responsibilities and mission statement for the SCST and Flow Trading businesses. The individual will strive to become a subject matter expert in all aspects of the products for the business, and proactively drive the adoption of best-in-class processes to enhance controls and process optimization.
- Responsible for daily production and analysis of profit & loss (P&L), profit attribution analysis and balance sheet reporting for the trading businesses
- Assist in month end closing process including General Ledger entries, balance sheet substantiation and P&L reporting to ensure the accuracy of legal entity, regional, regulatory and external financial statements
- Develop strong understanding of specific cash and derivative products of the trading businesses
- Embed a culture of effective challenge, maintain a robust control environment, as well as timely and transparent communication of insightful financial analysis
- Partner with Valuation Controllers to understand financial impact of independent price verification and other Fair Value Adjustments
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organization skills
- Understanding of financial markets and financial accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Able to combine creative thinking and sound analytical skills to problem solve and achieve productive outcomes
- Positive thought leader with strong communication
- Thrives in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment and effectively prioritizes to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated history of being a quick learner and self-starter
More searches like this
- Multimanager Strategies Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level II Full Time jobs in Bachelors